To clean the SSD or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clean the SSD or not?

I just picked up my copy of CO the other day and now it's time to install. I am just wondering whether or not doing a sanitary erase of my SSD would be a good idea.

I've had the SSD for over a year now, it's an Agility 60 GB. It seems like the performance has dropped off a little bit after being used for a year. Does anyone here have any experience with these things running for over a year? Is it a good idea to wipe it and start fresh?

It sounds to me like the OS will keep writing to empty blocks as long as they are there, I have TRIM enabled, and then it will begin using all of the old blocks that have been written to and erased after the fresh ones are gone. Is this correct? I just don't want to spend the time setting everything up and end up having to do it all over again.

Any help with this would be great :)

Re: To clean the SSD or not?

bump....

oh, wait, it's still the first thread ...

Comment

Re: To clean the SSD or not?

Gungnir,

You might want to also copy and replay this in the hardware forums....I'm not to up on all of the particulars about ssd's but you might get a faster response their...sorry I couldn't be of kore help.

Happy holidays :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X