Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't join the server

Hi,
    I tried to join both the servers, but when I try to join it say's I can't because I have certain files deleted?
    Ok, i reinstalled the whole game tried again and the same happend.
    My question is, why?
    Is the TG server using the expansions? So yes wich one do I need to buy?

Thank you!

Re: Can't join the server

Which files does it say are deleted?
    Are you running Combined Operations (both ARMA2 and OA opposed to one or the other)?

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Yes, I'm running combined operations.
      I don't now the whole list but these 2 are for sure:
      air refeuling
      fast roping

Comment

As far as I know, those are features from the ACE mod. That shouldn't stop you from joining the Alpha server...

The Bravo server, on the other hand, needs ACE and all the assorted mods.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Hi SN,

Saw you try to connect a couple of days ago but you weren't on TS to tell you - double check you have combined arms working correctly, it was one of the ca ammoboxes files that was resulting in you being removed, which might be the problem

Comment

Yeah I know, but that was before I reinstalled. I only have this problem with a few servers (including TG). But I can join most of the servers. So is the only problem the ACE mod?

Comment

Are you updating with yoma and making sure to delete the extra files?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

No I didn't use yoma. But I deleted the extra files though.

Comment

I would try using yoma to see I'd you are actually getting all the files needed. Download it and have it scan the ACE folder and have it check that list against the list it has.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I've installed ACE mod and Yoma addon. But now my game is just crashing when I try to start it up:(
                    Edit:
                    Reinstalled the game again! Got all the ACE mod files again!
                    Only one thing remains:
                    The CA weapons_ammoboxes file
                    So can anyone help?
                    Last edited by SN034; 01-14-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

This usually means combined arms is not running properly, are you steamified or retail discy?

Comment

Just downloaded it.
                        First I installed ArmA 2 and after that OA.

Comment

I think we need to clarify 'downloaded' - if it's torrented wares, that'll probably be your problem. If it's purchased from an online retailer
                          Installing arma2 then OA should have dodged this issue, ensure they were installed to the same directory and you are launching via the combined
                          Ops .exe ( not sure if that would make a difference, I've personally never paid attention to that tbh ;p but seems like a reasonable possibility )

Comment

Bought it on gamersgate.com

Comment

Essentially when the game says you are missing CA_xxxxxxx content, when you are launching the game with ArmA2OA.exe, it is telling you that the game is not detecting the ArmA 2 content.

There are a number of ways to fix this, first, would be since you have a non steam install, is to install Arrowhead into your ArmA2 Folder.

If that is not desired, you could also use symbolic links to make the Arrowhead game think that the pointer links are real directories from the Arrowhead folder.

Or if you want to go even lower Tech... Copy the ArmA2 folder into your Arrowhead folder.

Essentially you need to have ArmA2 patched up to 1.08.x and Arrowhead Patched to 1.57.x
                              Once this is done I would suggest you make your own desktop shortcut to the ArmA2OA.exe and make your modline by hand... copy this shortcut as many times as you wish to launch the game. Do not use a 3rd party launcher unless you are familiar with what they are doing, since it is the lazy way out.

Using YOMA/AddonSync to launch is also ill-advised.

Your modline should read something of the lines of this
                              ArmA2OA.exe [email protected];@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@CBA ;@TGMaps

There are a number of other optimizations you can attempt to run past this, but I do not wish to go into them until you have the basic game running properly first.
                              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X