Arma 2 audio problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 audio problem

Last night my teamates couldn't hear me on ingame comms, but could hear me on Teamspeak. I tried restarting game and that didn't work. Jaycius said that he noticed that as I was loading in, the name "bobby lopez" first appeared and than it switched to SARGE after a few seconds. I don't know a bobby lopez and that is not my real life name. I might be on later tonight or tomorrow.

I am running on an AMD64 dual core 5600 with the nvidia gtx260 video card and 4g of ram. Video settings are set to normal and audio settings are normal.

Re: Arma 2 audio problem

This happens sometime in ArmA2, its a bug in the game.
    The server thinks your an AI or it didnt tell the other players that the unit was going to be a player.

Did you try a differnt slot or kept using the same one?

Comment

Hawke, first, thanks for the quick reply, second, I am pretty sure I used the same slot

Comment

Not a problem.
        If it happens again, try using a differnt slot.

Comment

Will do that, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
            Last night my teamates couldn't hear me on ingame comms, but could hear me on Teamspeak. I tried restarting game and that didn't work. Jaycius said that he noticed that as I was loading in, the name "bobby lopez" first appeared and than it switched to SARGE after a few seconds. I don't know a bobby lopez and that is not my real life name. I might be on later tonight or tomorrow.

I am running on an AMD64 dual core 5600 with the nvidia gtx260 video card and 4g of ram. Video settings are set to normal and audio settings are normal.
            Hmm not sure I see people load in all the time with some random name(AI) and the switch to there actually screen name once there done loading in.

Comment

Thanks John for replying. This is what was told me after loading in 2nd time to get comms to work in game. We tried switching between channels and to no avail. Yet, teamspeak was not affected.

Comment

Yeah sorry I can't help with the problem but the AI thing didn't seem related.

Comment

Hey Sarge, double check that ArmA is allowed through any firewalls you have. I had the exact same problem a while back. Everyone asked about the firewalls and I was all "Yeah, I'm not THAT dumb"....So when I finally decided to check sure enough, it wasn't allowed through. I changed it, loaded back in and it was like throwing the magical comms switch :) I would suggest giving that a look if you haven't already.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thanks will ck, was on earlier tonight and comms in game weren't a problem....?????????

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                      Thanks will ck, was on earlier tonight and comms in game weren't a problem....?????????
                      Welcome to the true ArmA, you will never know if it works and why it doesn't work :D
                      sigpic
                      Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X