Weird error message in server connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird error message in server connection

Fellas, I'm re-posting this message here on the advice of fellow TG members.

Yesterday I switched from six-updater to Yoma Addon sync , refreshed my ACE and other addons content successfully, and then connected to TG's Bravo server this morning (April 26) to do some quick testing. The mission was a Domination coop mission.

As I launched from the mission's MP window, I got this error message: Unable to join/play this mission because I'm missing file "acex_veh_m1", or similar.

Nonetheless, the mission did open, and I moved around and fired just fine.

Anybody know what I'm missing? Everything on my Arma2/ACE setup is now compliant with TG standard. Not sure what the problem is.

Re: Weird error message in server connection

It looks like you are missing something in ace. I used to have the same problem , and in the end I deleted the folder and redownloaded it and everything worked fine. You can still play the game as that was not vital to the mission. I assume this would be a vehicle so it could be that you just would not be able to see that particular one. I used to get this error with radio towers for example, and I could see people climbing but not the tower itself :P It was pretty funny. Try renaming your folder (for example make it acex_old) and use addon synch to redownload it. It should solve it
    - - -

Comment

Cool, thanks WarFairy. I'll try that.

Comment

I hope it works out for you :o let me know
        - - -

Comment

Hi folks

Same problem for me here on a new gaming rig. Have tried suggestions above.

Six thinks everything is in order and up to date

I do have acex_m_veh_m1.pbo and acex_c_veh_m1.pbo in my ACEX files.

I have no files named acex_veh_*

Thanks in advance

B

Comment

Any ideas folks?

There is a difference between my problem and the OP here: Im unable to enter game - I am sent back to the server browser
            Last edited by Subsy; 08-08-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Subsy, catch me on TS. I'm always usually in the ARMA Admin channel. If not on Mission Editing or Pathfinders.

p.s. I'm online now.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Fixed.

What we did:
                For the Steam users, run each instance of the game via Steam so the games registry is up to date.
                Cope and paste the files within the OA to ARMA2.
                Create a shortcut (arma2oa.exe) on the desktop and add in the mod lines as needed.
                Use the newly created shortcut to launch the game.

Also, update BattlEye files from their website.
                If the folder called "BattlEye" doesn't exist. Create one.
                Then place the downloaded BEClient.dll and along with the others ones from ARMA2/BattlEye folder.
                (5 files: BEClient.dll , BEServer.dll , UninstallBE.csv , UnInstallBE.exe , UnInstallBE.log)

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hey LS, thanks for your help last night, top man!

Comment

Huh, I run the steam version of all the games and no issues have arisen. All I had to do was update all my registries (start each game + expansion) and then install ACE. It installed them to the OA folder and I was able to play on the Bravo. I do however start my game via the ArmA2 Launcher by SpiritedMachine, which may be the difference.
                    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Hey BP

Actually thats pretty much exactly what I did:

- brand new Win 7 x64 fully patched on SSD
                      - Steam installed to HD, with just Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF and PMC
                      - Used Steam Mover to put the Arma stuff on the SSD
                      - Ran Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA once each to write the registry setings
                      - Followed Unks guide to the letter
                      - Use Arma 2 Launcher to start the game with relevant mods for bravo

Got that error message about acex_veh_m1 after joining bravo and entering the game

Its weird because LS said that he didnt have that file in his ACEX folder either.

Using the new shortcut LS and I created actually I was getting repeatedly kicked (suspect battleye).

Then went back to the Arma 2 Launcher shortcut and things worked, so not exactly sure what was wrong or what specific thing or combination of things fixed it in the end; just happy up and running again
                      Last edited by Subsy; 08-11-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Basically, we got the correct shortcut to work rather than using the newly created one which was from ARMA2 only.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X