Clarification question re ACRE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification question re ACRE

OK, I got ACRE safely installed, read the appropriate SOP thread, etc.

So do I have this right:

1. I check that all mods are properly installed and added to mod line
    2. If launching from Yoma Addon Sync interface, I check the Teamspeak box
    3. Once connected and in-game, if I press my normal TS button, I will be heard in-game by players physically close to me in the sim environment
    4. If I press CAPS LOCK, I will communicate over the radio to team members outside normal voice range.

Thanks for confirming or correcting this.

Re: Clarification question re ACRE

Yes, you must also make sure that the caps lock key is UNBOUND from your talk key for VON....Also make sure you launch with the right mod line and youll be good to go!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by franx View Post
      1. I check that all mods are properly installed and added to mod line
      Yes and no, I highly recommend if you are running a cd install, or similar download (i.e. not steam) you setup a shortcut which loads arma up with the correct modline, my example below

"L:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" [email protected];@ACE;@ACEX;@Jayarma2lib;@ACRE;@TGMAPS;@AC EX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

feel free to amend that to point to your Arma 2 directory if you want!

2. If launching from Yoma Addon Sync interface, I check the Teamspeak box
      Nope, launch TS seperately via the ACRE TS shortcut - if installing via the automatic installer it should plop one on your desktop - ALWAYS run this as an admin on vista / win 7

3. Once connected and in-game, if I press my normal TS button, I will be heard in-game by players physically close to me in the sim environment
      Correct, providing ACRE is working properly and there are no problems (like major desync or extreme lag).

4. If I press CAPS LOCK, I will communicate over the radio to team members outside normal voice range.
      Yes, however you need to set your radio to the correct channel (i.e. if you are in Bravo squad and using channel 2 on your 343 radio [the most basic of the radios, which most will have mission to mission] you will need to switch to channel 2 before your squad can hear you)

You also need to debind your push to talk button in the Arma 2 controls settings menu ingame - otherwise you'll be double broadcasting.

Any other q's feel free to poke!

Comment

Thanks guys, this is terrific. ACRE seems complicated, but it's a great idea, and a great tool if it works. ;)

Yes, I have the ACRE icon on my desktop and will use it, and yes, I read elsewhere to always launch it in "run as admin" mode. Again, thanks.

Comment

Oh yes, when it works, which is 99% of the time now, after setup is sorted, it is an awesome tool, once you are used to it I guarantee you will grimace at the thought of using standard VON again ;p

Comment

It is honestly less keystrokes than using the ingame von system for changing voice networks from direct/group/vehicle/side/command/global and or setting up hotkeys for each of those channels.

Yes, with the current compatible versions 1.2.6, 1.2.7, and 1.2.8 it is preferred from a technical support standpoint that clients run "The Game" and "Teamspeak3 with ACRE" as administrator... Not just one or the other, but both applications.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

When I logged on tonight though to play, I got a message that the sim was using plugin version 1.29, and my plugin is 1.27. Where do I get version 1.29??

Comment

Stick with 1.2.7 for now until we support 1.2.9.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

OK will do; I did just find the 1.29 DL, but won't deploy it yet.

Comment

Nope, launch TS seperately via the ACRE TS shortcut - if installing via the automatic installer it should plop one on your desktop - ALWAYS run this as an admin on vista / win 7
                    I Installed and reinstalled ACRE multiple times, but I never get the shortcut. Can someone tell me what is the shortcut pointing to and if there are tags to add ?

Thanks.

Edit : Just read the readme, it does not reference a ACRE shortcut and instead recommend making sure the ACRE plugin is active in TS3.

I did that, and I get the ACRE initialized message, but I can still hear the opposing team in-game. Anyone know what could be the problem ?

I am also launching with a custom 6-updater shortcut that starts all required mods.
                    When deeds speak, words are nothing.
                    Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Comment

[QUOTE=Nyax;1624365I did that, and I get the ACRE initialized message, but I can still hear the opposing team in-game. Anyone know what could be the problem ?[/QUOTE]

Were you in game on the Bravo server? Until you spawn in the map you have no "location" and will hear everyone. If you were in game then did you run both TS3 & your Arma launcher as an administrator? If so we have some more troubleshooting to do. Will be around later this eve on TS.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                      189th Infantry Brigade Member
                      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X