Addonsync question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addonsync question

Hey guys, got a noob question. I setup addonsync fine and have it running great however on the initial setup i stupidly put my player profile name as ben instead of bolagnaise, this makes me show up in games as ben, so no one will have a clue who i am. For the life of me i cant work out how to either A:change my profile or B: make a new one.

cheers guys
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: Addonsync question

Launch ArmA 2 and hit Options, you should get the ability to make a new profile. Call it what you want, and customise away. When done, close it and open Addon Sync again. You should see the new profile. However, you could just leave it blanc in addon sync and let the game use the new default?

That should be it, if not hit me up in TS tonight.

Comment

Cheers jeepo, worked a treat:)

mods please delete

ben.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Guys,

I don't want to hijack this thread but I really like going to combat with you guys, but I've been playing a lot in a brazilian community

Is there a way to keep both servers synconized?

When I syncronize one server, Yoma erases the other one.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Impulse 9; 05-06-2011, 02:38 AM. Reason: Advertising

Comment

We stick to our own update schedule. Don't worry, we will be updating to the newest stable version soon. After this current release ACE goes stable which means once a month updates. That should be mean less disruptions between servers.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
            We stick to our own update schedule. Don't worry, we will be updating to the newest stable version soon. After this current release ACE goes stable which means once a month updates. That should be mean less disruptions between servers.
            That's nice.

But I like to play regularly on those 2 servers, but they don't have the same mods loaded. When I syncronize with your server I can't play on the other one.

Is there a way to play on both servers without having to syncronize each one everytime?

Comment

It depends on which mods are being used, so long as both servers use ACE on the same version/build you should be fine, no synching needed.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Perhaps you can install into separate directly for each server?
                Launching the game appropriate to the server requirements.

Or rename the ACE mods separately after syncing. Then launching via desktop shortcut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Syncronize your addons to seperate folders.

Example
                  for Server 1 (your primary server) --- Have addonsync download to your normal \arma2 folder.
                  for Server 2 (TacticalGamer.com) --- Have addonsync download to a folder underneath your ArmA 2 Folder.
                  Example

\arma2\tg\ (instead of \arma2\)
                  you would then run your modline as follows
                  -mod=TG\@ACE;TG\@ACEX;TG\@ACEX_SM;TG\@ACEX_RU;TG\@A CEX_USNavy;TG\@CBA;TG\@TGMaps;@ACRE;@JayArmA2Lib
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Problem with AddonSync 2009 using the Kellys Heroes Server. When I try to d/l the Addons I get an Error 404 message. Only happened from about May 14th. Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry Whizkid, this may sound silly but you should ask Kelly's Heroes whats up. However, there is lots of info here to help you get set up on our servers.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                      189th Infantry Brigade Member
                      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
                        Sorry Whizkid, this may sound silly but you should ask Kelly's Heroes whats up. However, there is lots of info here to help you get set up on our servers.
                        Thanks, Unk, you're right, of course! As I fight with another clan that uses Kellys as their server I should go there. I finished up here after Googling Addon Sync, and it directed me to TG, which is fine as I didn't know you existed! I like your site, so will be back. Thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X