How to install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install?

I checked the stickies and searched around a bit but didn't find anything. Sorry if I overlooked something, it's very easy to get lost in the sea of mods you need to play this game on TG.

I have ArmA 2 and Arrowhead installed on steam, patched to 1.09, and downloaded all 2Gb of addons thorugh addon sync (yoma).

When I try to join the server it says:

"You cannot edit/play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, acex_veh_m88, CAWheeled2_LAV25, ace_sys_wounds, ace_sys_repair, acex_c_vehicle, acex_ru_c_vehicle, ace_c_vehicle, acex_ru_c_men_gear, acex_ru_c_weapon, ace_c_weapon, acex_usnavy_c_weapon, ace_sys_ruck, ace_sys_huntir, Warfare2Vehicles, ace_sys_fastroping"

I understand I need ACE or something but there's so many different things to download that I don't know what to get.
    Can you help me getting my game to work on the TG server?

Cheers.

Re: How to install?

I can try to fill in the blanks tomorrow. If you haven't seen these, use these and try to catch me tomorrow.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tart-here.html

Even after everything. There is probably something ;) don't get frustrated, just ask for some help on TS.
    Last edited by ACOGRecon; 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM. Reason: removed link to another communities guide, please use our guides or contact our admin team. -ACOGRecon
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I'm thinking maybe the Mods are not in your target line when you launch the game... not sure. Try to see if they are active when you load into Arma OA.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

This is a registry error. If you have the game from steam you must run both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead separately before launching Combined Operations so the games can create the proper registry files. If this is not the case see me in TS so I can sort you out.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Bullseye wanted to help me through it but I didn't catch him on TS. I did run both games before trying to join. Forgot to launch it as Combined Operations, but when I try to join it as that, it says:

"You cannot edit/play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_sys_wounds, ibr_lingor, acex_veh_stryker, acex_usnavy_sys_repair"

Edit: I opened OA and went into expansions in the menu, where I could enable all sorts of stuff; TG maps, acex and that. Then it prompted me to restart my game, I did, it went to desktop and before it launched it gave me this error:

Clicked OK, game started, but it only goes past the logos, then there is just a black screen, won't start. ArmA 2 and Combined Operations will start, but when trying to join the TG server it gives me the same error as above,
          "You cannot play/edit this mission etc. etc."

Edit 2: Copied the AddOns folder from ArmA 2 into the OA folder and now OA works, could even join the Bravo server, but only as a seagull in the dark.
          But when trying to join through Combined Operations I get this error now:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_c_weapon, ace_c_weapon, ace_sys_wounds, acex_ru_c_weapon"
          Last edited by Gore; 05-11-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

If you copied the files over all you need to do is launch through the Operation Arrowhead shortcut. Do not, repeat, do not use the ingame mod launcher as it is broken. All you need to do at this point is create a desktop shortcut for Operation Arrowhead and add the following to the target line:

-noSplash -noFilePatching "[email protected];@TGMaps;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@ACEX;@ACE;@AC EX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM"

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok first off, do not copy anything to different folders if both arma2 and OA are on steam. To launch the game from steam start the game from OA and select combined arms option.

Comment

It's working more or less now, got to play a bit yesterday. ACRE however is not working.

Q: I've installed everything, but I still hear everyone's voice in game?
                A: Firstly, make sure that you have spawned into the mission, ACRE will not initialize until you are fully loaded.
                Check.

Make sure that you have both @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib in your Arma folder.
                Check.

Make sure that you have them enabled using whichever modline/launcher/utility you use to start the game.
                If this means doing it like on Kyle's picture, I haven't done that, my 'set launch options' is empty. But do you have a higher quality pic, Kyle?
                I'm not sure it's showing the full line of text either. Cheers.

Whenever I join the TG server I get this eror:

Comment

Gore find one of the guys in the admin channel, either they will be able to talk you through it or point you to someone who can. No worries mate, its a 5 minute fix!

Comment

Very simple, go to your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directory and find the folder named "userconfig." Open that folder, then open the "ace" folder. Open the file "ace_clientside_config.hpp" with note pad. Look for:

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/
                    #define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe
                    /*//////////////////////////////////////////////

Edit that so it reads with your ingame name.

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/
                    #define ACE_IDENTITY Gore
                    /*//////////////////////////////////////////////

That's it, you're all set.

Comment

Thanks. More issues though. It prompts me ingame now that several new updates are available in order to continue:

I am not authorized to acces the link: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/activity/ace-mod2
                      Tried checking for addons through Yoma, but "the remote server returned an error: (404) not found"

Seeing as everyone else is able to play, this must be an issue on my end. Is there a link somewhere to this update?

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tart-here.html

Gore go to that link to get updated. You already have the server connection, you need the new Sixupdater, Teamspeak, and Acre versions. Find an admin or someone on Teamspeak, in the Arma channel to walk you through and guide you. It's not hard.

Comment

Gore, you fail.

Come on TS now mate.

Comment

Sure, will get on as soon as I've had something to eat Jeepo.

Comment

OK well I am about if you need me...........

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X