LOD/Mipmap issue, blurry textures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOD/Mipmap issue, blurry textures

Well, reinstalled ArmA 2 today and forgot about this issue I've always had. It seems that no matter how much I tweak it or change seetings, the general visual detail increases, but there are always select units or objects that are painfully blurry even when close up. When I change from Low texture detail to Very High, it shows the right texture detail, but then gradually decreases the detail until it reaches an equivalent quality to Very Low, yet stays as Very High in the settings (see picture). I'm no expert, but I think it's and LOD issue, where the game thinks I'm farther away from the unit than I actually am. I've tried Mipmap settings in CCC, Catalyst A.I., "-winxp" and some other minor things on top of that.

I have read threads on issues like this before, but the solutions that work for everyone (Mipmap settings are mentioned a lot) have no effect. I would appreciate if anyone has any insight on the matter.

Setup:
    Sapphire HD 4890 2GB
    Intel i7 920 4GHz D0
    6GB RAM

Picture:
    arma2 2011-07-25 03-35-43-72.jpg

Re: LOD/Mipmap issue, blurry textures

Ya, thats weird. I actually have an issue with what might be a FADE issue even though I have a legit game. Arma does stupid stuff sometimes.
    TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

FADE, yeah, seems like something that is overriding whatever I do. Might look into that, thanks.

Comment

arma2 2011-07-25 16-45-39-50.jpg

Best. Game. Ever.

Comment

Drivers

Check the BIS forum (official) for your card issues.

Sent from a glass with magic

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Right, problem seems to be solved now. Fiddled a bit more with the cfg (VRAM and 3D settings) and installed some recently released 11.6b Catalyst drivers. Runs smoother now and the LOD issue is nowhere near as bad as before. Once or twice there was a small LOD issue, but nothing abnormal.

Thanks Rambo and LowSpeed for the suggestions :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X