Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 mod lines and crossfire?

TG

Do you still need to run winxp and maxmem2048 etc in your steam mod line too fully utilize arma or is this something that has been fixed with patches? Also I am getting a second 6870 on Tuesday so does arma support crossfire or do I need to change the profile name? Has anybody also got a screen they would recommend to using. I'm thinking something between 24 to 27 inches.

Ben.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: Arma 2 mod lines and crossfire?

No need for those parameters anymore, at least when running A2 with an Nvidia 460GTX on a 64 bit Win7 with 4 gb of ram . The two classic ways of making crossfire work in Arma and Arma2 used to be renaming the executable to that of a crossfire-enabled game(for example fear.exe), or using the -winxp switch. I haven't had a crossfire-rig since Arma2 1.05 or something, when -winxp was still needed, but I'm unaware of the current situation.

Comment

Screenwise there are some nice Samsumg Syncmasters in the 24-27 range (I have one), but if you have the money (and they have come down a bit) the Dell IPS panels are the way to go, just amazing.

Comment

Did you manage to sort it out?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Lowspeed not yet. I'm picking it back up today Tuesday in oz. I also got a ocz vertex 3 ssd. I will try and get on TS and get someone to talk me through any changes I need to do.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob

Comment

Speaking of OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. Let me know how that goes, I've done a very quick web browsing and found out that the Corsair Force 120GB (not FORCE GT which costs more) is the one for me to add to my short list.

I'll be online late Tuesday (UK time), from around 2330 onwards.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Update:
              For arma 2 you don't need to enable/ change anything. Just make sure you have downloaded the most up to date crossfire profiles and crossfire works great:D. I was getting crashes when I first reinstalled arma 2 but using arma 2 launcher I enabled CPU core count 8 and winxp and made sure I was running both arma 2 and arrowhead exe. As administrator and that fixed my problems. Playing single player I have actually had to enable VSYNC because I was getting around 180fps on very high settings and a view distance of about 3000 and the screen was freaking out. Now I make a constant 75fps. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait to load up MP and test it out. For lowspeed the ocz vertex 3 is awesome. I've never had an SSD but I'm getting 14 second boot times and it takes about 3 seconds in arma to load a map. Just make sure you run it in AHCI mode to get it's full potential.
              Beaming
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob

Comment

Great stuff. Now you have no excuses to come online :)

SSD, I'm reading up in it. Documentations are boundless!

---
                - Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol I know I know. Work is crazy at the moment and I have a cocktail ball tonight. Soon I promise:D
                  sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                  Former ARMA Admin
                  Former TGU Headmaster
                  Current Noob

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse