MP: After being revived/rewpawning - No longer able to enter vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP: After being revived/rewpawning - No longer able to enter vehicles

When ever I get shot and it goes to the respawn screen (waiting to be revived/healed or given to option to respawn at BASE/MRS 1/etc) I can no longer enter vehicles.

It doesn't matter if I am revived by someone or if I respawn at base. It gives me the option, starts the animation but then flashes me back to the outside of the vehicle. I have to Abort, then hit disconnect which takes me back to the screen where you choose your slot. I can then rejoin and have no issues until I go to the per say "Death Cam" again.
    Also, after respawning, sometimes the AI will not 'see' me. I cleared a whole village without the AI looking at me are shooting at me. Sometimes they would respond to my bullets missing and hitting the ground, other times not. I have no lag and my connection has not problems to the servers. Checked with pinging and traceroutes.

This is happening on Vanilla servers (haven't tested on CBA/ACE servers yet).

I have googled and see quite a few people with this problem. There are a few workarounds, but nothing is doing a permanent fix.

Here are my Specs:
    ArmA II Combine Ops (boxed retail version)
    AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80ghz
    3GB RAM
    Win 7 Home Pro
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB (latest stable drivers)

I just upgraded to the 4850, previously had a nVidia 9600GT. Cannot recall if those issues were present with the vehicles, but the issues with AI not recognizing me where there.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: MP: After being revived/rewpawning - No longer able to enter vehicles

Hello jagrock,

Have you joined the Alpha server with any mods? If so, disable them and see if that fixed the issue for you.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yes and we are running a "release candidate". Will look around to see if this is a RC2 issue.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

This issue is indeed a release candidate issue & is fixed with RC6. Can download & install RC6 if you like as it should be compatible with the server. On the other hand, if you care to wait a few days the full release of the patch should be ready.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I am running the stable patch, haven't used any beta patches recently. Not using any of the 1.60 RC's either. I'll try the RC6 and see if that fixes. Thanks for the pointer.

As for using mod, I am not using any. Just plain Vanilla CO. If there are any mods, it's server side that doesn't require me to enable on my end.

Comment

Ok. 1.60 did not fix.

So, I uninstalled with Revo uninstaller. Made sure no remaining files or registry settings.
            Reinstalled. Patched to 1.60 again. Installed mod @CBA via SixUpdated and connected to the Alpha server.
            Still happening.

Seems to only happen on Domi servers with the "Unconscious Camera" like it is on the Alpha server. Any other server is fine. PR is fine. Domi is fine as long as it doesn't have the "Unconscious Camera" and it auto respawns you at base.

This is just a bummer!

Comment

That's strange... I mean, must be something in some code somewhere that's messing up, right? But no idea what that could be.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Submitted this at DH - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27360

What version of Domi is the Alpha server running? Xeno is asking if it is 2.60w. I do not know how to tell client side. The norrins revive is no longer used in that version.

Comment

We have several versions on the box. What server & what time were you on that this happwned?

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X