Troubleshooting ACE Sound Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting ACE Sound Problem

When I first installed ACE/ACRE via Six Updater, everything was working beautifully. After a few days ACRE still functions correctly, but my in game sounds are mostly muted; I can hear Radio/comms, but gunfire, helo threat warning indicator, etc. are all quiet or barely audible.

The only action I can trace this to is enabling Audio Ducking in Teamspeak (lowering of game sounds when people are talking), which I have since disabled. After disabling Audio Ducking in TS, my in game sounds still are muted (only in ACE btw).

Six Updater shows everything working, including ACEX_SM r100.

I've tried playing with earplugs (in game) inserted and removed, no real difference.

I'm looking for any current info on this issue or suggestions to fix it. My next step is to delete and reinstall ACEX_SM via Six Updater.

In the mean time, apologies if I keep asking for bearing to contacts on Bravo...since I can't hear where the gunfire is coming from, I'm stuck eyeballing everything.

--woof
    sigpic
    [squadl][conduct]

Re: Troubleshooting ACE Sound Problem

In game volume is completely seperate to the ACRE volume (it's based in TS3). You sure you haven't got the master volume on ArmA turned down on volume mixer?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Re: Troubleshooting ACE Sound Problem

Yep that was it. I'm guessing TS' Audio Ducking does it magic via the mixer, and I disabled it while it had OA turned down.
      As to why this was only happening on Bravo, I'm guessing it had something to do with launching via Six Updater for ACE, versus through OA for Vanilla (Alpha).

Many thanks Pepper!
      sigpic
      [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse