Problem lately with Sixupdater?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem lately with Sixupdater?

I have been having a problem lately with an error of System.ArgumentException with Sixupdater and I am waiting for an update from Sickboy for Sixupdater or a reply from him about this. It is a problem with 2..9.7 16. I have tried to remedy it by completely uninstalling it and all files pertaining to Six Updater and after 3 times doing this I still get the error report. It will work a few times and then the error report. If you get the same report with Six we will have to wait for Sickboy to reveal a remedy or an update to fix this.
    Last edited by Unkl; 08-07-2012, 10:42 PM. Reason: removed prefix

Re: Problem lately with Sixupdater?

As a temporary fix go back a version, Six Updater v2.9.7pre8, and hit cancel each time it tries to autoupdate. You will need to uninstall then re-install completely. This will get rid of your presets but your mods and configs should stay the same.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-...esc%2Cfilename
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Def never thought of that. And thanks for the link.

Comment

I am having the same prob and had a hard time trying to submit a bug report. I have to check on the SU page yet for a reply i expect is there.

Ill try rolling back in the meantime.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Just hit this today for the first time. Trying Defs solution.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Def's solution has been working, only you have to hit cancel in the upper right corner to stop it from wanting to update. We will have to put up with that until we get a fix from Sickboy. Once it is out I will or one of the Admins will post all go for update.

Comment

I created a new shortcut to the Six Updater executable made target line read as follows:
              "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIX Projects\Six Updater\Six Updater GUI.exe" --skip-autoupdate

You can't do that to the desktop shortcut the installer makes. You have to create your own shortcut from the actual executable. I also have every confidence this bug will be fixed soon & we can all allow auto updates to our Six Updater soon.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Also just as an update. These are the following things I have done on my side to start the latest SixUpdater without any complications. Also I tested disabling the multiplayer features and it runs much smoother and really most of the information is already in game. This is only useful if you play on servers out of TG to setup presets for those servers.

1. Uninstall SixUpdater and delete config files. Also go to the directory and wipe out any remaining files.
                2. Re-install .Net Framework 4.0 (download here)
                3. Install latest version of SixUpdater (download here)
                4. On first run of SixUpdater do not enable the multiplayer features (the serverbrowser can be accessed in game and mod setup does not differ)
                5. Use the preset url's to add Alpha and Bravo back into SixUpdater. Also make sure to re-configure your game profiles.
                6. ???
                7. Profit

I am also going to be working on a video presentation to streamline this process for new players looking for help. It will go over the setup above, and also a separate section for the multiplayer features.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Def looking forward to review your progress.

Comment

Ok Def I followed your instructions and it still gave me a System Argument error as before so I will role it back and use Unk's no update in target line. Thanks for trying to resolve this.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                      Ok Def I followed your instructions and it still gave me a System Argument error as before so I will role it back and use Unk's no update in target line. Thanks for trying to resolve this.
                      Yeah I am not to sure myself as I had to do a lot but my setup is still working without any errors. I am going to uninstall it all and start from scratch while doing this I will be recording the entire process and I will narrate it after. Hopefully this will help bring more people into the Bravo fold.
                      sigpic

Comment

The net framework did a repair and I didn't enable multiplayer as you instructed. It loaded ok the first time but when I restarted it that is when the error message reappeared. ???? I will wait for a reply from Sickboy on this, but thanks for helping to resolve this.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X