Recommended settings for GTX 680 SC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended settings for GTX 680 SC

I appreciate this probably belongs in the tech forum but I'm posting here first for visibility.

Currently running an I5 750 @ 3.85, ssd, 8 gigs of ram and gtx 680 super clocked.

Can anyone recommend graphics settings in game and does anyone use Nvidia control panel etc. The 1.62 patch introduced quite a few more options with FXAA etc. I have been juggling in game settings, nvidia control panel settings and have lost the sweet spot I had.

Generally get the 60 fps with everything on very high at about 2500-3000 k view distance but last night on Alpha server Cherno domi may fps started dropping all the way down to 30+, after I tampered with my settings lol.

Anyone have any good 'go to' settings they use. Resolution is 1920 by 1200.

Cheers

Re: Recommended settings for GTX 680 SC

Have you overclocked that GTX 680 yet?
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Its the EVGA factory superclocked one mate. Runs at about 1160 or something if I remember correctly, will check tonight.

Comment

I'm running an overclocked 670 FTW, and an i7 3770k running 4.0 gHz.

My first suggestion: Ditch all AA. I used to swear by AA, until I realized that the difference is minimal if you are playing at any good resolution (I play 1920 x 1080). After this, I run ATOC on All Trees, or off. Depends on the map and my mood.

Other After that, everything else is on high except HDR. Then play with view distance accordingly depending on the mission / map.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

http://www.overclock.net/t/1289489/g...d-voltage-bios
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

The largest jump in fps for me came in the most unexpected of settings. Setting "Shadows" to their highest setting gave me a HUGE boost. Apparently, this forces the GPU to render shadows as opposed to the CPU which it does on the lower settings. I just read that the "Shaders" setting works the same way but I haven't tested it yet.

Comment

The only thing that is limited for you bud is your processor. 680 gtx can max that game out easy. This game is very cpu intensive

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X