Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help connecting to Alpha server

Hello,

I've been trying to connect to the Alpha Server but have been having problems. It would be great if one of you guys could help me out. Here's the problem; The program doesn't allow my spawned player into the game after I press the "I'm ready" dialog box. All the loading sequences seem normal to me; It first brings me to the multiplayer screen where it allows me to select my player type and I then select "OK" and it moves onto next screen (so far so good). It's then on the Domination screen and shows the progress bar successfully loading the game (still looks good to me). It then moves on to the final screen, which shows my guy spawned in base, along with the large green dialog box that lists the first 10 players and their stats (it still looks good). The green dialog box has two buttons; "I'm ready" or "Disconnect". I press the "I'm ready" box, but nothing happens.... the green dialog box just stays. I can hear the other in-game players and I can also type text messages as well as voice chat. If I select the "disconnect" box it responds with no problems and moves me back to the multiplayer screen.

I've updated all files via Six updater and also verified that I'm not running any mods or addons when launching the game. I'm running off retail disks, but can also launch from Steam; I tried both ways but still no luck. I have no problems playing on any other non-modded servers like 7thCav - it only seems to be with Alpha.

Sorry to drag this out, but one last bit of info; I can launch a modded version and connect to Bravo successfully. Anyway, if anyone has any idea of what may be causing the problem, please let me know as I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!

Re: Need help connecting to Alpha server

Originally posted by Super View Post
    Hello,

The green dialog box has two buttons; "I'm ready" or "Disconnect". I press the "I'm ready" box, but nothing happens.... the green dialog box just stays. I can hear the other in-game players and I can also type text messages as well as voice chat. If I select the "disconnect" box it responds with no problems and moves me back to the multiplayer screen.
    that box only shows on game end or disconnect...
    make sure you arent running the beta (running straight from steam)
    other than that you could have been banned for some reason.
    those are the only reasons I can think of.
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Hmmm that's something I have never heard off happening before. This will require further investigation. Can you please grab an arma admin next time your in TS so we can work this out.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
        Hmmm that's something I have never heard off happening before. This will require further investigation. Can you please grab an arma admin next time your in TS so we can work this out.
        Yes, that would be great. I'll jump on TS within the next few days. Thanks.

Comment

Might be a firewall issue? Not allowing the communication between the server and the client. Just one angle to cover when you are troubleshooting. Because as I understand it, his game immediately goes to the end screen after connecting.

Comment

Good point. Can you make sure you have UPNP enabled in your router. You may also want to try manually port forwarding the ports for ARMA.

http://findports.com/document.php?tag=arma-ii
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former ARMA TGU instructor
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob
            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I've never forwarded ports or changed router settings before. I'll dig out my manual and also follow the link you sent me. I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight. Thanks.

Comment

With your issue never experienced by anyone that has read your post looks like you have a very unique issue. You posted you can run the game off retail disks or steam. I don't know if it would present a problem but I certainly wouldn't recommend having them both installed at the same time. I think I’d remove everything and then reinstall either the retail or the steam but not both.

Comment

Its not a firewall prob. Its a glitch on your client.

Open your %appdata% folder and navigate to
                  .../local/arma2 operation arrowhead/mp cache (or whatever the mp folder is)
                  Delete all the .pbo files in there.

Retry the server.

You have a good connection but you are going to mission debrief like as if you have used up all your revives and your game is over. Its a mission prob.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                    Its not a firewall prob. Its a glitch on your client.

Open your %appdata% folder and navigate to
                    .../local/arma2 operation arrowhead/mp cache (or whatever the mp folder is)
                    Delete all the .pbo files in there.

Retry the server.

You have a good connection but you are going to mission debrief like as if you have used up all your revives and your game is over. Its a mission prob.
                    It worked!!! It only took a few minutes: I deleted the files and problem solved. Thanks to everyone for helping (there's no way I would have figured that one out on my own). See you guys on the server.

Comment

We'll guys the same problem is happening again. I was able to connect and play on the server for the past week or so until the problem happened again about 2 day ago. I deleted my .pbo files thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't work this time. Any suggestions?

Comment

Is it possible that my problem could be related to the mission type? I did some more troubleshooting and found that I could connect to any server except those running Domination West Revive 2.71. Does the Alpha server change mission types occasionally? If yes, then maybe that's why I could connect to Alpha last week but not now.

Comment

That is very likely. I noticed that 2.71 fell out of favor last week but is now back.

Id suggest looking at your .rdp file for clues. Ill try and find the same on the server logs when I get home.

We may end up submitting a bug report to the Domi devs.

Ill look for you in late afternoon est if your around.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks. I'll check my .rdp file. I'm not available this afternoon but will try to get on TS around 9 EST.

Comment

I looked at the RPT file. I didn't realize that this file goes on and on.... but I did notice something at the beginning section (I copied and pasted it below). Note lines 6 and 7 as well as the last line. Does this mean anything?

"############################# co40_Domination_2_71_West_OA #############################"
                              [31276,751.578,0,"Executing Dom init.sqf"]
                              [31276,751.579,0,"Dom init.sqf processed"]
                              [31277,751.605,0,"Executing Dom d_init.sqf"]
                              "ATTENTION!!! Domination needs a build version higher than 95248 to work!"
                              "Domination ends!"
                              Cannot use magazine 1Rnd_HE_M203 in muzzle Binocular
                              Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_East in muzzle SmokeShellMuzzle
                              Cannot use magazine SmokeShell in muzzle IRStrobe
                              Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_East in muzzle SmokeShellMuzzle
                              Group B 1-1-A (0x24d0e800) - network ID 2:33146
                              - no main subgroup
                              Network simulation, time = 0.215
                              Group B 1-1-A (0x24d0e800) - network ID 2:33146
                              - no main subgroup
                              Group B Alpha (0x24d0e800) - network ID 2:33146
                              - no main subgroup
                              Cannot use magazine 1Rnd_HE_M203 in muzzle NVGoggles
                              Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_West in muzzle SmokeShellMuzzle
                              Cannot use magazine SmokeShellGreen in muzzle IRStrobe
                              Cannot use magazine IR_Strobe_Target in muzzle TimeBombMuzzle
                              - no main subgroup
                              - no main subgroup
                              - no main subgroup
                              - no main subgroup
                              - no main subgroup
                              You are missing the following mod: cba_main
                              Cannot use magazine 30Rnd_545x39_AK in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone
                              Cannot use magazine 30Rnd_545x39_AK in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone
                              Creation of 2:33154 ignored, state GAME FINISHED

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...