Bravo - baf & pmc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo - baf & pmc

Playing on BRAVO recently I noticed textures on certain vehicles looked like junk (note I run max settings) - specifically on Jakal's, british infantry textures etc.. Figured it was because I had not purchased the BAF addon and therefore limited to low res (ie. arma 2 lite) textures or something. I purchased the BAF and PMC addons (cheap cheap) - and now I can no longer join BRAVO server as these addons don't appear to be supported (kicked on join).

Wondering if its something I'm doing wrong? Oddly enough I can't find a way to disable BAF or PMC addons - the armaOA executable detects them and automatically loads. The only way I can get back to true vanilla is to remove or rename the BAF and PMC directories. All this seems cumbersome. Is there a reason TG doesn't allow the 'OEM' addons from BIS - especially when units seem to be included in the maps being run? I must be doing something wrong!

Back to A3 alpha!!

Re: Bravo - baf & pmc

No we definitely allow those addons. They should be signed by the server. Can you please post what it is kicking you for specifically.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
      No we definitely allow those addons. They should be signed by the server. Can you please post what it is kicking you for specifically.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Basically I am getting a "not signed by a key accepted by this server" for every PBO in the BAF & PMC directories.

I'm wondering...

I just installed the BAF and PMC addons downloaded direct from BIS onto an already patched ARMA2:CO install. Do I need to repatch my game or something?

Comment

Are you using Six Updater to keep the mods in line with what is allowed on the server?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Have you launched the mods directly from the .exe file for BAF and PMC directly. Do this for both individually then launch with the bravo preset and try to join.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
            Have you launched the mods directly from the .exe file for BAF and PMC directly. Do this for both individually then launch with the bravo preset and try to join.
            I am using six updater. Prior to installing BAF and PMC I have no issues with BRAVO. If I rename / remove the BAF and PMC directories from the ARMA2 root, I can join and play fine.

I don't know how to do what you suggest Bolagnaise regarding launching directly from the PMC or BAF .exe. Where are these located? In my ARMA2 directory I only have an arma2.exe, arma2oa.exe. In the PMC and BAF roots I do not see an executable. Launching arma2oa.exe automatically enables the PMC and BAF content. I have verified in the editor, armory and the individual single player campaigns all appear to work properly (BAF and PMC specific).

Strange indeed!

Comment

[SOLVED] - re-running 1.62 patch updated BAF and PMC specific content, can now connect. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X