Ace cas (gbu-12)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace cas (gbu-12)

I have been trying over and over to drop a GBU-12 over a laser mark and hit the target... with no luck

is there anything specific I have to do or do the GBU-12's simply not work? I've been googling around for ages and some say they can hit the target and others say its broken

Some also say they can see the lasers on the HUD and that there is a specific button to press
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Ace cas (gbu-12)

I believe keystoke TAB activates the laser guidance. I'm about to jump on Bravo Server, so if you're on or see this we can work it out.

Comment

I know for sure its not TAB, I have tried a lot of things and Believe me, that was my first button :) Maybe it works with the Pave Penny pod thats on the A-10A... but I doubt that too

and I am on, have been for a long time - I'll see you there

sigpic

Comment

Well... I know that TAB is the "switch targets" key. I've had issues with it as well. I do know, as I assume you do as well, that the laser has to be visible for the bomb to find it. plan your approach accordingly. I think there's an ACE manual about it somewhere. I'll dig around for a little bit.

EDIT: After about 10 minutes of digging I found this: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tions-how.html
        I hope it helps.

EDIT EDIT: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Missile_Guid...ovements+howto

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Previous testing with this on Bravo ACE/ACRE (several months ago) revealed that the laser does work, but you will not see when it is locked on properly. So , basically, you need to fly correctly without seeing the laser at all. It is darn tough. One of the brits had it down to a fine art, and could probably explain it. NOt sure if it was JaKTehLad or FineStyle, or someone else though. Something about flying in over the shoulder of the spotter (so lined up with the laser) and from a certain minimum height, and dropping it at a certain range from target. He went over it with me once, but I do not recall the details.

You old vets, anyone remember wich ace pilot I am talking about?
          The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Jak sounds familiar. Might have also been Tictac.
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former ARMA TGU instructor
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob
            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I have finally found the way after digging, turns out that with the addition of the CCRP on the A10 the targer appeaers marked so you just have to drop the bomb on the vicinity and it will lock

Comment

I think it may have been dudle and drop works by A flying the release over the JTACs shoulder or B flying down on to the marked target and breaking you can 1 hit tab or right click to select when the weapon has been cycled.

Pure speculation on. My part as I have no way to test but from what I have heard and read it should be fine

Comment

Shoomfie; that wiki doesnt have any GBU-12's on it and that other link is 4 years old, Im thinking they updated since that time. Though that firing behind the FAC's shoulder does seem like a reasonable fact... I'll have to try it out

also want to Point out that I wish to learn the F-35B as well, meaning no CCRP/CCIP - manual drop only, which is rather tough. if anyone wants to find out ways how to do this, just give me a call.
                  as far as I have experienced there is no lock-on systems besides the CCRP manual-drop aid, bombs have to drop manually and it will reach the laser target automatically, so far I have failed this trying various altitudes, distances and speed

sigpic

Comment

somehow I got it to work perfectly with woesterudolf now... im not sure why it worked now and not the other times that I tried this. we got it to hit dead-on target from 3000m altitude so far with CCRP as a help

edit: it hit dead-on at 6000m altitude and 6000m ground distance away on our next attempt... 1 meter offset max

sigpic

Comment

Is CCRP the thing that lets you guide the bombs when you are flying the Harrier?

Because if so that's going to make dropping bombs with the A-10 ALOT easier.
                      sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                      [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghadlan View Post
                        Is CCRP the thing that lets you guide the bombs when you are flying the Harrier?

Because if so that's going to make dropping bombs with the A-10 ALOT easier.
                        indeed, its super-easy with the A-10. just mark and drop and it goes on the laser, we did that just recently on the bravo server now. F-35B is a lot harder since it has no CCRP or HUD at all pretty much

sigpic

Comment

I recall flying the Harrier and it had a system that made it super easy; look at the target through the cockpit "crosshairs", left click and the bomb drops when it should to hit the target.

I'm not sure if that is CCRP or not.
                          sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                          [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

that is CCRP, and I Believe it cant be turned off in any way

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
                              Shoomfie; that wiki doesnt have any GBU-12's on it and that other link is 4 years old, Im thinking they updated since that time. Though that firing behind the FAC's shoulder does seem like a reasonable fact... I'll have to try it out
                              Yeah, I knew it wasn't the most recent version of information, but I figured you could pick through it and find something that might be helpful. I never fly fixed wing with Air-to-ground ordinance. I did find that manual I was looking for the other day, I'm not entirely sure what's in it, but it could be helpful in general:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-arma...as-manual.html

How exactly does CCRP work in ArmA? I saw it on the A-10 the other day when I was messing around, and would like to know how to use it.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                              "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...