A3 Connection issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Connection issue

Ok team . . . I have a connection issue. Here goes what I did and what has happened so far.

Let me lead with I'm running the latest version of the Arma3 Beta-dev build via Steam and the files have all been checked and double checked.

At this point I:
    - cannot connect to our server - used the proper password and it says"Connecting Failed" every time ( won't post the password I used as this is an open channel)

So I:
    --restarted steam
    --restarted game
    --restarted PC
    --verified files
    --restarted the PC again (touching nothing and going directly into the game)

I did it all (least I think so) and yet every time I get "connecting failed"

So then I
    - tried to connect to some other Steam multiplayer dev boxes to see if it was my PC, connection, network or other issues

and
    - I can (and did) connect to a number (six different ones to be exact) beta-dev servers running everything from insurgency to co-op to wasteland and all worked fine and I even had amazing ping (<20 on most) so my speed was fantastic (and on a side note the game kicks butt . . .but more on that later when I can play with you guys).

Came back to the TG box . . . same thing "connecting failed"

Per some support from Unkl we
    - did a "tracecert" on the IP and it can't find the TG server
    - I did a "ping" on the IP and all 4 packets failed (Not that I know what I'm doing in that world)
    - I tried to find the server via IP search and it did find it in KY (so that part worked)

But . . . I still cannot connect to our beta dev server.

I would like to note that I CAN connect to our ArmA2-Bravo server via SixUpdater just fine (which I believe is on the Same IP (or something like that) so I know I can get to SOME stuff, it just seems that Arma3 is an issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last note - I don't want to take away from "network game time" so if someone can / will help me before any game time (I'd like to participate in this weekends festivities) that would be awesome and I work from home so during the day (heck pretty much any time) works for me.

Thanks in advance team.

MadSoloSniper

Re: Big content release scheduled for today in Dev build

I have the same problem. I show a Ping of 2500 for TG but most others are under 100 and I can join freely. Almost got in through REMOTE, lower right when entering Multiplayer. Others are figuring out the correct IP and PORT then we should be ok.
    sigpic
    CMWARTIME

Comment

In the filter area of Multiplayer try putting the amount of 1000 for max ping. I did this a few times to see other servers that weren't showing up for me and after putting a high amount in that area it worked. Don't ask me how this works but it did for me.

Comment

I also get a ping of 2500 - just FYI for those helping in the resolve of this issue.

Thanks for the voice. I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one with the issue - not that it's a good thing for any of us.

I'm sure we'll all get through it . . . and dang I'm looking forward to some fireteam play with all of you . . . . :-)

Sarge - Oh, it shows . . I can see it . . . I just can't "join" it . . . . though I hit my head against that wall for many hours tonight . . . lol

Comment

Hop on TS

Comment

If you don't catch me on teamspeak tonight, go into your configure area and then to the expansions and make sure only the Arma3 Beta is checked. If you have any other mods or additions checked it won't allow you on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWARTIME View Post
              I have the same problem. I show a Ping of 2500 for TG but most others are under 100 and I can join freely. Almost got in through REMOTE, lower right when entering Multiplayer. Others are figuring out the correct IP and PORT then we should be ok.
              I see TG with 2500 ping also, but I can connect. I thought it was because of all the server side mods that TG has on (cba_main, TG_server etc...). For me I had trouble (performance wise, not connection) because I had 32 bit operating systems. I switched to 64 bit and it was fine.

Comment

Re: A3 Connection issue

Update to last nights activities with trying to connect.

Uninstalled the beta-Dev build and was able to get in to the vanilla server with Sarge

Reloaded the beta-Dev build and right back to the same issue "connecting failed" - but again ONLY on the TG Server.

Happy that the vanilla version is at least working - hope that keeps when the final release comes out

Going to be up and around all day if anyone has any ideas or can maybe look at some of the server parameters for issues.

BTW - once the beta-Dev was reloaded I was able to get into a wide range of "other" beta-Dev servers that were online and active. Spent some time in one and acted as heilo-gunner (I'm pretty good if I do say so myself). Also, brought up a armored unit for support and extract for the team I was playing with . . . awesome gameplay. I'm still amazed that I can't tell where fire is coming from when it begins . . . . I just seem to spin like a top while laying on the ground trying to figure that out (any hints are appreciated).

Comment

Have adjusted some steam settings server side. Let me know if this issue is resolved.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Mid Day check.

SITREP
                    Running the latest version of the dev-build - 09799 I believe
                    All files verified and show good
                    Using the same password from the other night (again, not posting to open channel)
                    Tried to log into our server - no joy
                    Tested on other servers I could find and all connected fine (flew some choppers for some practice) - no lag, no issue, no delay and no faults (did not have to try a second login on any of them)

Let me know how I can help or what you might need to know on my end to understand what the issue might be

Thanks for sticking with me.
                    Last edited by MadSoloSniper; 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: changed dev-build number

Comment

As a follow up comment:

All of the "other" servers I am connecting to do not require a password. Could this authentication issue be . . the issue?? Maybe my PC is not "hearing" something after the password is sent?

I'm grabbing at straws here because I REALLY want to get out there with you guys and practice some fireteam work.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Mad,

I'll be looking for you to do a more in depth test.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Unkl . . . No worries . . . sitting on boring conf calls (another PC) so I can login into TS (now) and I'll do what you need.

Also going to PM you Skype info so you have it

Mad Solo

Comment

SITREP

Whatever Unkl did this last go around worked.

Steps

First
                            Took one router out of the loop
                            Restarted PC (non Steam or Game related issue)
                            logged in . . . AND IT ALL WORKED

Next
                            Restarted the PC with the router back in the loop
                            AND IT STILL WORKS

Looks like your all stuck with me now (good thing I'm a good bullet attractor and bullet stop)

See you all on the inside (oh, crap this means it's going to be a long night . . . . SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks again for all the help and working with me on this issue.

MadSoloSniper

Comment

It was the link you sent me that gave me the details to change on the server. Anyway, it explained a lot of the trouble I've had with the configs so thank you for the patience.
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X