Not sure if this is where I post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is where I post

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to TG (joined in April of this year) and I play Planetside 2. My in game name is RAGE3 and right now I'm the 3rd highest battle rank in the outfit on PS2. I joined TG for the mature gameplay and tactical aspects of the outfit, but the game itself is free to play and apparently the "kiddies" run rampant on the servers. I'm getting so tired of people running in fields of fire, giving away locations, crappy comms that I'm seriously thinking of giving it up for a real mil sim.

I've seen ARMA and I've read various post about it, I've watched a ton of youtube videos on it and it seems to be the sort of gaming style I wanted when I went to PS2 originally. I have 8 years of prior military experience and wanted something that would capture those moments without the possibility of really getting killed....lol.

So can you tell me how I need to get started, who to contact, what servers to join, etc?

Re: Not sure if this is where I post

We are getting more and more active here accompanying the release of Arma 3, and would love for you to play with us. Just buy Arma 3, and then in the server filter for 'Name' type "TacticalGamer.com". This will bring you right to our server. Then, just join and have fun! You decided to make the switch at the best possible time, what with the release of Arma 3 just days ago.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for posting. I'm glad you found TacticalGamer and I think you'll like playing Armed Assault on our servers. The admin team and assorted regulars try to keep game play pretty tight on the servers so this fits perfectly with what you are looking for.

Click here to purchase Armed Assault III through Steam. Right now our plans are to run ARMA 3 game exactly as it's been released from the publisher so all you have to do is purchase the game, download it and start playing. Use "tacticalgamer" in the filter server an you'll find the server really easily. This is a bit of a departure from previous iterations of ARMA 1 and ARMA II. We still run an ARMA II server that uses some mods and continues to attract players who enjoy the modded playstyle. We'll continue to run the ARMA II server as long as it is viable but I expect most players will eventually, if not soon, migrate to the ARMA III.

Read the stickies in this forum as they contain much information. Most of them relate to ARMA II as ARMA III has just been released but they contain lots of excellent information and will give you a solid feel for the way our ARMA servers are run.

Communication in game utilizes the built in VON system but we also run a teamspeak server for communication between rounds and for any admin issues you have. Read this thread to get set up on the TacticalGamer teamspeak server.

Looking forward to seeing you on the ARMA servers. If you need any help look on the teamspeak channels for assistance, especially the ARMA Admin Teamspeak channels. We welcome questions and the playerbase as a whole are very willing to help newcomers get up to speed.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks guys, I've got the TS setup already and have been on the PS2 channels several times but with the VOIP in PS2 most comms are done in game. I'll check it all out. Looking forward to getting into a real mil sim.

Comment

Hello there,

If you get setup and downloaded the game before you can check out an event mission coming up. All you have to do is sign up and you are in. These missions are pre-planned, preslotted, selective leadership with designated commander who gets a briefing before being deployed. The sign up is here. I think it will be a good first experience for you at TG Arma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X