PhsyX related ARMA 3 crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhsyX related ARMA 3 crashes

I've been experiencing ARMA 3 crashes randomly, all reporting PhysX as the faulty module. Hopefully this isn't a big issue for everyone else, but it's been happening to me quite often lately. Some of you that were playing the Greeks Ep. 2 NATO mission last night may want to look at your Application event logs and see if the crash we all experienced was the same as mine. Maybe with more reports, there will be some correlation that will help them find the problem.

This is the feedback ticket I've put in, but I think the preferred course of action is to create your own ticket and upload any .rpt or dump files you have in %APPDATA%/Local/Arma 3/

here is the URL for my ticket just for reference: feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14922

Re: PhsyX related ARMA 3 crashes

Oops - just realized this probably should have been posted to the tech support sub-forum.. sorry about that.

Comment

Well, several of us on the TG Arma 3 server crashed over and over last night on SEIZE FERES mission, usually at the same time. I'm really hoping this doesn't affect the operation today :(

PLEASE go and vote up my feedback report, and don't forget to create your own and upload the rpt and dump files if you've been crashing as well.

Comment

I noticed that the tickets "Needs more info". Would you be interested in trying to recreate the crashes that we are experiencing Monday ,9/30/13, evening?

Comment

insane amount of work was done before the event on the server. Configs might have been switched around. I did not see many crashes during the event. Definetely no mass crashes. Thanks to the admin team's hard work.

And how dare they say they need more info? That is a perfect issue reporting with all kinds of extra attachments.

Comment

Indeed B, I didn't experience a single crash during the event, but I was in a chopper the entire time and have only crashed a couple of times while flying.

There were new beta Nvidia drivers out, so I took a chance and updated them right before the event (risky, I know - but with all the troubles it was worth a shot).

amu107.9, I'd be glad to get on the server and try to recreate the crashes tonight.. the majority of them involve armored vehicles (usually being damaged or destroyed) so we could focus on that. What timezone are you in?

Comment

a dev posted this on one of tickets regarding this issue:

Hey guys, we got your crash reports and we were able to reproduce the issue in our environment. It's obviously the biggest priority for us at the moment and we will deliver a fix ASAP.

Thanks for your patience :)

Comment

Related: Link

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

FYI - possible fix in DEV branch - they are asking for people to test and confirm so they can hotfix the main branch.

I would link it but the forums still think I'm a spammer and deny my post :(

Comment

Hooray, they've released a hotfix for the physx crash! dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00012

Comment

It seemed like I was in the clear for a few days after that last main branch patch.. but these crashes are back, I've opened a new report on the feedback tracker.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X