• [SOP] Best Practice Joining the Server

Best practice to join a server:

A. Mission has already started
    Move to appropriate TS channel.
    Announce that you are about to join
    Ask which role is required by mission leader
    Select that role or role requested
    Join the mission
    Use appropriate chat channel to communicate other mission essential information & equipment
    Get ready for TG gameplay

B. Mission is being set up
    Deselect your default roles
    Wait for an overall leader to step up
    Select roles/slots that were asked by the leader (do not pick a slot, unless stated otherwise)
    Press "Ok", "Continue" to green up (your name will turn to color green)
    Hold off on any chatter, wait for leaders OPORD (mission briefing).
    Any subsequent leaders will wait their turns to ask about the mission, once asked. Not during nor before.
    Once the mission starts, do NOT move. Wait for desynchronisation to settle
    Listen to your direct chain of command and follow orders
    Get ready for TG gameplay

Notes:
    Do not request a role/slot not needed.
    Play for the team, no lone wolfing.
    If there are no pilot slots, then suck it up.
    If there are no armour slots, guess what? Deal with it.
    Do not request for "Can I be sniper?"
    Do not request for "Can I be with John Doe?"
    Do not request for leadership roles of you know that you'll disconnect during a mission.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Best Practice Joining the Server

Pre-Mission Chatting

When in the slot selection screen there is a reason for limiting side chats. Most of us are here because of the mature social atmosphere around our realism in tactics/gaming kind of primer. However, that doesn't mean that between missions is the free for all social time. In fact, in ArmA this can hinder the game rolling from one scenario into the other. Let me expand on how this works.

Question 1: Who will lead the next mission?
    This is the primary question after the completion of a mission. While there generally is a 30 second discussion about how such and such happened and so and so did some great shooting, you should have a leader within those 30 seconds and get to the next mission. We have an After Action Report (AAR) Thread for a reason. To let everyone know the great games they missed and to keep the server running towards the next great mission.

Question 2: What player slot selection does the leader want me in?
    Let us get this part done quickly. The longer you sit chatting at this screen the more players you will lose. This is not slot-screen simulator. This is ArmA. You must have a sense of urgency in this screen and of business first or you are hurting your games.

Question 3: When is a good time to make that run to the fridge ect...?
    While the leader is reading the next mission briefing it is a good time for the players to make their breaks. A little chit chat is good here too. If this mission involves some planning and such best to keep it away from your leader so they can concentrate on digesting the briefing and making a plan.

Question 4: Why is my leader always asking me to hurry up at the crate?
    Because this is not Army Dress-Up Simulator, this is ArmA. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the gear right. But if you are worried about where is my favorite rifle then you are concerned about the wrong things. Do you have the right tools for the role you've been given? If you are the automatic rifleman do you have an assistant who can carry more ammunition? Who is going to carry the satchel? Who can carry extra AT rounds? When you get used to the team this doesn't take long. If you are searching for a colour of helmet that matches your outfit you will be told you will miss your ride to the AO.

Post-Event Chatting
    Review questions 1 through 4 above. Thank you. :row__577:
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X