Finding TacticalGamer.com ArmA 3 servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding TacticalGamer.com ArmA 3 servers

Currently it takes a long time for the Steam server list to populate. I suggest the following work around:

Find your game folder where A3 is installed. Right click on the "arma3.exe" file and choose "Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)".

Then find the desktop shortcut and right click it and go to "Properties".

At the end of the target line and outside the last quotes add the following

Code:
    -nosplash -nopause -connect=208.43.76.154:2333
    This new shortcut will start your game and join the TG Server One as soon as it starts.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Finding TacticalGamer.com ArmA 3 servers

Pro tip !...

Why doesn't the server appear through the filter anymore?
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It does show up in the filter. It just takes a lot (LOT) longer than it use to.

When Filtering "whole name" works better than "partial" so - TacticalGamer.com - is the better filter choice. The STEAM search can take as short as 15 seconds (a lot from the old days) to upwards of minutes. This is not a result of our server or our listing but purely the way the STEAM search function works on THEIR listing servers.

STEAM and BI would say that "Partial Words work fine" but I have found that it extends the search time even more when NOT using the full TG name (including the "dot com").

Unkl's workaround is elegant and makes getting to the server even faster than any search.

Posted only for clarification on the Filter question.

Solo

Comment

The Steam functionality is slated for an update. We may even get a hotfix early next week for it. So I have every confidence the server lists in game will be fixed soon.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks Unkl and Solo - this should help as I haven't been able to see the TG server on the Steam List in the past (sounds like I was probably just too impatient)
          sigpic

Comment

I can't find it any way I try... so I join by REMOTE IP, just have to remember to change the default port to there 2333...

I was surprised to only find a low number of missions, along with confusing titles to know what they were... 6 and 15 on another map... something up with that?
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

There is apparently a known bug on using -connect that causes your client to be very laggy. This is slated for a fix in the bug tracker I believe. So perhaps the best thing is to have patience at the in-game lobby. The latest hotfix should have improved the situation since they changed some port issues.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Comment

To start for Server Two use the following:
                  Code:
                  -nosplash -nopause [email protected]_a3;@task_force_radio; -connect=208.43.76.154:2343
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X