Task Force Radio installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Task Force Radio installation

As we experiment and figure out Task Force Radio a place is needed which describes how to install the mod. Feel free to edit this post as versions and things change overtime. Be advised these are not the only way to do things, but IMO the simplest. The guide is written as a series of steps that must be taken to be able to run the TFR mod for playing with TG members on TG Arma server.

Step1:
    Download the mod. This can be found by pressing Server 2 tab in Arma III category on our TS channel.
    As of 7 JUL 2014 the link is GET YOUR FILES HERE

Step2:
    Extract the files. Find the file you have downloaded (By default on most web browsers it is in your Downloads folder) and right click and choose Extract Here.

Step3:
    Arma 3 files are in the Arma 3 folder. To be exact there are the following three folders:
    • @CBA_A3
    • @task_force_radio
    • userconfig

Copy and paste these folders into the following folder in your computer: (Assuming steam default installation path on Windows 64 bit file system)
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
    Step4:
    TeamSpeak files are in the TeamSpeak 3 Client folder (older TS available). Inside that go into the plugins folder to find the following files and a folder:
    • radio-sounds
    • task_force_radio_win32.dll
    • task_force_radio_win64.dll

Copy and paste these files into the following folder (Assuming default path for Windows 7 64 bit):
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins
    Step5:
    Enable TeamSpeak plugin by:
    1. With your TS open go to Settings menu -> Plugins menu item (or You can Ctrl+Shift+P)
    2. Tick the box that says Task Force Arma 3 Radio.

Step6:
    Enable Arma mod by:
    1. From main menu of Arma 3. Go to CONFIGURE menu ->EXPANSIONS menu item.
    2. Enable the following two mods by selecting them and clicking Enable. (Restart Arma as the prompt suggests)
      • Task Force Arrowhead Radio
      • Community Base Addons

Step7:
    Hop in the server and enjoy.
    Last edited by Unkl; 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM.

Re: Task Force Radio installation

Nice write up, B. Thank you for the commitment and time required to complete not only this guide, but the missions you have been creating.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Interesting and a bit of the cart before the horse. Who said the horse is coming to town?
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Yesterday admins refused to help those who asked for help. This took me less than 10 minutes... If the horse is not gonna come to town let the thread sink.
        Last edited by hedgehog; 07-07-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I understand that we are going through a test phase with Task Force Radio, though this may be the case there are lots of new players that would like to play with us even during the test phase and this thread is of great value to them.

Comment

1. Admins aren't the tech support help desk.

2. This guide is appreciated while this test continues or it wouldn't be here.

3. You may have read a different intent into my message than I meant. More clarification can be expected when I get a chance to post later.

Cheers.

edit: PS thanks for the effort - pls stop reading my mind though :row1_20:
            Last edited by Unkl; 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I am not a mind reader, thank you for the clarification. I am not an admin so I will try to help with the tech when I can and steering them to this thread will help. I will now sit down and STFU.

Comment

Super Team Friendly Unicorn??? . . . . . . ;-)

Comment

I'm assuming that too Solo. Sorry guys, the above looks nasty but I was in the middle of my daily and thought you deserved a reply. Maybe I should have just waited it out. I really only meant you stole my darn thunder & don't expect admins to give up even more game time to help out with the tech support.

You guys all rock. Game love ya.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

that was quick. Thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse