Looking for the Insurgency info...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the Insurgency info...

I haven't played ArmA3 in over a year... had it installed since release, all DLC and auto-updated... to day I was testing connections and play to the 2 TG servers, the first one, default or no mod one worked fine. (Thou for some reason it told me my num pad was reserved for TG something... so wasn't able to use my num pad for movement, etc etc... which I do because I'm left handed.)

Tried joining the 2nd server, the Insurgency server, said I was missing add-ons, went through this forum and the thousand's of sub-forums, jk... and can't find the info. Went to the getting into the server stickies, all the links send me back to the TG forum home page...

so what is needed to play on the Insurgency server...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Looking for the Insurgency info...

Hi Mag,

it would be great to see you back on the server.

It could just be a bit of bad timing. I know GO Unk was testing out some mod combinations for an upcoming event and he may have been doing it on the Insurgency server while you were there. Both servers run as vanilla as a matter of course so there should be no issue getting on with an un modded game.

What you saw about the numpad delete key was for the player id script. You just press it once and player names appear above the player for about 30 seconds. You should be fine using it for movement as long as you don't mind it when the player names pop up...

Now is a great time to come back to ARMA III play. We've seen a significant uptick in activity and of late it's not unusual to have 20 or more players on and we are seeing a steady stream of new players who take the time to understand the server rules and actually play by them. The action has been steady and the leadership has been stellar. I know you have a variable schedule so I hope you can join in. The action has been mostly during prime time east coast evening hours between 7-midnight.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hey Mag, just to help you reconfigure the numpad for movement, the player views are using 1 thru 9 and can be deleted by going into Controls in the Configure area off the Main page of the game when you first boot up the game. I use TackIR and don't need the ingame view off the Numpad. I reasigned them for the different Comms channels. I went ahead and tried to give you a glimpse of what keys I would progame if Lefthanded:

1=Z go prone

2=X standing or to get up

3=C crouch

4=A moving left

5=S move back

6=D move right

7=V to vault over obstacle

8=W move forward

9 is open for you to use for what ever, don't touch the"/" or the "*" or the " . " as these are pretty important function keys in game.

I am Righthanded and hope this helps you to get into game with us.

Comment

got it all working.. thx.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Numpad DELETE button is default mapping for CONTROLS -> View -> "Tactical View". This key can be remapped. It is used for player name tags. If the NUMPAD DEL is inconvenient, remap that key.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X