Issues that arose in Op. Seagull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues that arose in Op. Seagull

I am going to list all the problems we had and I don't think any of them were mission-specific in any way. They should be all ArmA related or TFR related. Hopefully I didn't get the names wrong but don't rely on me for that.

*(FIXED, I think) AI units placed in Zeus were overly accurate, except for the times when I controlled them to avoid this.

*BrenD near the end had a repeated engine noise, probably related to this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22613, turn off your engines folks ;)
    *Hummel and maybe others could only transmit on short-range but recieve on all radios, and can not modify any radios. I used to have this once and I don't know how to fix. (Ctrl button ignored), try setting the Ctrl bind over to Alt or any other button. Something overlaps Ctrl.
    *Experiment626 had directional audio problems where I think he could only hear audio directly in front of him including choppers and other noises? no fix.
    *Experiment626 also had a long synchronizing time with MCC as he joined in.

mostly random issues, if it were to happen again I would be surprised. just try reconnect everything to get it to go away (game, re-enable TFR...)
    Last edited by Xorilliz; 01-14-2016, 02:11 PM.
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Issues that arose in Op. Seagull

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
    *Experiment626 had directional audio problems where I think he could only hear audio directly in front of him including choppers and other noises? no fix.

)
    This!!! Was the ONLY down side to the whole thing! Actually caused several friendly fire incidents. If I was not looking directly at the vehicle, there was NO sound at all. I vectored in artillery and grenades on Friendly chopper beyond LOS because I thought it was enemy chopper just taking off. (was actually friendly dropping off reinforcements which I promptly dispatched with massive firepower) :(

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Adding onto this I wanted to see if anybody else is experiencing what I am experiencing and have found solution.

I can hear radios and TS proximity chat just fine with TFAR and CBA. I can even use my PTT TS button to talk to people who are near me in game. Once I press Radio Button (CAPS LOCK) either my game crashes or game audio goes away. The TS and Radio seems to work but gunshots, footsteps and all that is gone the first time I press CAPS.

So far I have tried making sure all things are 32 bit, removing extra speakers, audio drivers etc. I am convinced it is specific to my setup. I am running win 10.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
        Adding onto this I wanted to see if anybody else is experiencing what I am experiencing and have found solution.

I can hear radios and TS proximity chat just fine with TFAR and CBA. I can even use my PTT TS button to talk to people who are near me in game. Once I press Radio Button (CAPS LOCK) either my game crashes or game audio goes away. The TS and Radio seems to work but gunshots, footsteps and all that is gone the first time I press CAPS.

So far I have tried making sure all things are 32 bit, removing extra speakers, audio drivers etc. I am convinced it is specific to my setup. I am running win 10.
        I had a similar experience on my laptop last week, its running Win 8.1. Everything was working, then suddenly all I could hear was TFAR/TS. All game audio was gone. It went away when I restarted Arma and didn't reoccur. I've only played Multiplayer with TFAR two times from that machine. I use it vanilla for editing and testing fairly regularly.

Comment

Well figured it out after some serious troubleshooting. Might be hardware specific with Win 10 auto downloading my audio drivers.

I disabled all other Playback devices in Win 10 settings as well all other Recording devices except my headset. Then it starts to work fine. I think when I pressed CAPS and the I lose the game sound, then the radio sound started to come through my speakers not my headsets. That is when I decided to disable everything except my headset. Darnest weird little thing took me several tries and almost all day. Hope this helps somebody.

Comment

Moving this thread to SOP, Technical Help area.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Another issue that seems to be plaguing TFAR (for only select few people) is the inability to bring up the radio via Ctrl+P or Alt+P. This often also accompanies the inability to change channels using the numpad keys. I know some who have had it for a while. I think this is also hardware setup or keybind setup dependent. the userconfig folder and editing the keys around might work. Those who are having the above mentioned issues can report if they are able to solve theirs and share how they have solved this bug.

Comment

I sometimes can't change my direct volume to yell or whisper. This also happens when I can't change my channel using the keypad. This also seems to happen when I am unable to key the long range radio when I do have a backpack.

However, normally a disconnect seems to fix it.

This also may be a problem for missions that don't have our default TFR script elements injected into them. Looks like I need to pull all missions and do a copy paste into them to add this function to all the missions on the server. More GO time away from the game...sigh.

So, please chime in if there are more issues. Hey, maybe CBA has updated and I haven't updated the server yet....I'll look at that tonight too.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                  Another issue that seems to be plaguing TFAR (for only select few people) is the inability to bring up the radio via Ctrl+P or Alt+P. This often also accompanies the inability to change channels using the numpad keys. I know some who have had it for a while. I think this is also hardware setup or keybind setup dependent. the userconfig folder and editing the keys around might work. Those who are having the above mentioned issues can report if they are able to solve theirs and share how they have solved this bug.
                  Most of time when this happens for me, it's because TFAR has wigged out and I have to restart Arma to clear. I'm not sure of any other fix that works.

Comment

That issue occurs without fail with non BLUFOR radios. AFAIK.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X