Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 3 - Long Frame Hangs

Hello TG,

I started up ArmA 3 a couple of days ago and found that my game is basically unplayable. The word "unplayable" is not an exaggeration as it is commonly used. Since I found the bug I have done a clean re-install via Steam and launched the game in the "No Mods" mode. I see frame hangs whenever I try to move my character. Firing the weapons and looking around are fine. I cannot use Shift to hold breath as this causes frame stalls as well. I am effectively at 0fps for 10+ seconds at times. This happens in-game and in the Editor. Below is a short video showing the hangs. In the video you will see me moving for a couple of seconds to the short wall. I am actually not holding down the W key to move forward - I am stuck moving forward after the hang until I tap W to stop again.

I also notice that it is not a system resource issue. While moving CPU usage is ~50% and GPU is ~30%. When the hands occur the CPU drops to 20% and GPU to 0%. It appears to be a locking issue of some sort possibly.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before?

Can I ask what your system specs are? I've not seen that particular issue before. Curious if it's related to your hardware config.

What are you using to measure frame rates?

Comment

Noyava I am running an i5 4690k with a GTX 1070. ArmA is the only game that has this issue, and only recently. As for measurement - my eyes. It really is static, i.e. picture-like. I can turn on a proper tool though.

I forgot to add that I also lost all of my saves. It seems like if a new version of the game caused this then more people would be seeing the issue. I am not certain the video captures the hangs to the full extent. I'll have to time it to know for sure.

Comment

Do you know how you take your car to the mechanic and the car suddenly behaves? Well my PC is the metaphorical car today. I think I rebooted earlier for some other reason and the frame hangs are completely gone. Even with the 150% super-sampling I run a consistent 80fps. I hopped into a helicopter to push the GPU further and it had no issues with me buzzing the trees at a 20m altitude...

Comment

Glad it's fixed I guess :)

I was asking how you were measuring because while I could see the stuttering video I didn't see a on screen FPS display. I was wondering if maybe you were experiencing some sort of vsync error that was creating odd input delays as well? Guess its all conjecture from here...

Comment

I'm running an i7-4820k o/c with a msi gtx 1070. How are you pushing 80fps with 150% supersampling. What am I doing wrong! lol

Comment

LOL you turned off your video capture and all was good. Just kidding. Are you running 64 or 32 bit? I had to go back to 32bit due to poor performance in any vehicles. It only started on Friday and then B mentioned it was a known issue. Funny I hadn't seen it before.

|TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

Unkl I am not sure which version that I use - I just hit the PLAY button . I actually did try killing off the NVIDIA capture processes but that had no effect. A reboot certainly would have been quicker than the re-install.

Edit: 64bit as per Platform under All Paramters.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X