Fixed-wing AGMs lock-on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Fixed-wing AGMs lock-on

Forgot to document this a few months back, I usually get questions on it.

Jets DLC made Air to Ground Missiles heat-seeking so you can't lock on to Cold vehicles anymore. On top of this, all jets "visually" detects ground vehicles at around 2.5km distance straight ahead (30 degree cone), while at night-time it does not detect them at all, unless it is heated, in which case air superiority fighters gets a 360 degree 2.5km range thermal detection and CAS jets gets a 60 degree 4km range detect.

Calling in CAS on cold vehicles will cause confusion so ultimately the best option is to use laser designators to drop a GBU (I hear rumors that laser and IR detection is only at 6 kilometers while it should realistically be multiplied that value, but its still a safer way). Worst case if it is Cold and you have no designator, unguided weaponry would be the only choice. Any of this does not apply to rotary gunships as they use air to ground radar detection instead of Visual/thermal.

Feel free to correct and I'll update as numbers gets "balanced"
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Fantastic. Thank you for posting this Xorillz

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X