TrackIR4 + ArmA = :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR4 + ArmA = :D

I've created a video that shows of the TrackIR functionality in Armed Assault.

If you're interested, you can check out a Google Video version here:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71383685&hl=en

Or you can download the full-res 105MB video from here:
    http://ofp.umbr.net/videos/trackir_in_arma.wmv

If there are any questions about it, feel free to ask. I'm really loving what it adds to the experience, and I think the video portrays it pretty nicely.

Re: TrackIR4 + ArmA = :D

Wouldn't the turning of your head cause problems due to that the image is still being displayed on the monitor infront of you. I would see this as really cool if you had 4 monitors (on in front, one on each side and one behind you) so that the turning of the head actually displayed the image in the direction you are looking.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Do you need to keep your head uncomfortably still when you want to look ahead of you?

Comment

I'm sure it feels similar to using it in flight sims. You don't have to move your head very much to look around so it's not like you're pulling an exorcist to look behind you. It's not hard to stay still either. It can tell if you're turning your head or moving your head up and down because it has 6 degrees of tracking (pitch, yaw, roll, left/right, up/down, depth).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, I'm assuming there's a deadzone in the middle so you don't have to keep your head crazy steady, and then when you move to any side of the deadzone it just moves your view that way until you turn back into the deadzone.

Comment

Do you need to keep your head uncomfortably still when you want to look ahead of you?
            The early generations of it, yes. With a TrackIR3 + Vector, or a TrackIR4, no. Previous versions only detected pitch/yaw, so any movement you made was translated into that. TIR4's track 6DOF, so a lateral movement becomes a lateral movement, a roll becomes a roll, pitch is pitch, and so on. It's very intuitive. You can also set dead zones, acceleration ramps, and smoothing filters to tweak things exactly to how you'd like it.

Wouldn't the turning of your head cause problems due to that the image is still being displayed on the monitor infront of you. I would see this as really cool if you had 4 monitors (on in front, one on each side and one behind you) so that the turning of the head actually displayed the image in the direction you are looking.
            It is not a 1:1 translation. You can set exactly how much you want to scale the movement - small amounts of movement can have a very big result. It's very easy to set it up to where you're always looking comfortably at the screen even when turning your head all the way to an in-game extreme.

Comment

Excellent video Dslyecxi ! Very informative and well-presented.

Comment

I think Mirfee use's one when we race so he can look off to the side.

Comment

Thanks for the vid Dslyecxi, I'll put it up on AAZ if that's ok.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
                    Thanks for the vid Dslyecxi, I'll put it up on AAZ if that's ok.

Cheers
                    Sure, go for it.

Comment

Cheers, link up - http://www.armed-assault-zone.com

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                        I think Mirfee use's one when we race so he can look off to the side.
                        Sure do! Love it too. It's actually very intuitive. You only need to turn your hear fractionally and it gets amplified in the game. No need to take your eyes off the screen.

Granted, there's a bit of a learning curve, but hey... remember the time you first used a mouse and keyboard to navigate a game world. ;) This is just another input device. Can't wait to try it in an FPS.

Comment

Here is some more TrackIR4.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKGZ0OahYw

Nice to have in-game.
                          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

You'll probably only need to turn your head 3-4 inches to the side to look behind you. I find if you tilt your head a little as you do so, it works better. If you look left, tilt right a little and vice versa :)
                            Jex.

Comment

Track Ir 4Pro

by the way TRack Ir 4pro works with this game and brings a whole new meaning to get your head into the game.

If you like and want to buy it you should go to this web site for a discount of
                              $30.00
                              Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X