Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault Frequently Asked Questions

What is Armed Assault?
    In short, Armed Assault is a combat simulator based on Operation Flashpoint. If you want a realistic, open-ended, combined arms combat game set in a huge world, then Armed Assault is definitely worth a try. Visit the official website to get the full scoop.

What are the System Requirements?
    Minimum Specification:
    • CPU: 2 GHz
    • RAM: 512 MB
    • Nvidia Geforce FX with 128 MB RAM & Pixel Shader 2.0, ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 MB of RAM & Pixel Shader 2.0
    • Software: Windows XP or Windows 2000 and DirectX 9

Recommended Specification:
    • CPU: 3 GHz
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • Video Card: Nvidia 6800 and above or ATI x800 and above with at least 256 MB RAM
    • Free HD Space: 3 GB (or more as needed for downloadable addons)
    • Software: Windows XP and DirectX 9

How Can I Get Connected to the Tactical Gamer Servers?
    Information for our Armed Assault servers is available here. Our Public server is protected by a password, which you'll find available in that same thread. We encourage you to join our Public server when the password is in place, but since you'll have to visit these forums to obtain it we'll also expect that you're familiar with our rules and procedures (see Standard Operating Procedures below).

Normally when we have the password in place it's to ensure high quality games, but sometimes we may host special closed events or team practices.

What are the Standard Operating Procedures?
    We have some Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Armed Assault that we'd like to have players on our server know and try to utilize during game play. They exist to make our Armed Assault games together better, so please become familiar with them. Extending these SOPs, as well as adding new ones, will happen if/as needed as we all get more involved with the game. Please feel free to offer input and suggestions.

Other Frequently Asked Questions
    Other questions that have come up regarding Armed Assault:
    Last edited by Strag; 04-30-2007, 08:54 PM.

Re: Welcome!

Q. If I download the Czech or German version will I need to buy another copy when it's released in the United States?

A. No. All versions will be compatible with each other when the U.S. version comes out.

This comes from a post Faultline put up asking the same exact question.
    Last edited by Strag; 01-02-2007, 01:44 PM.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Re: Welcome!

Q:
      Originally posted by tHa_KhAn
      ...when I press M to bring up the map it comes up fast however, if I press M again to go back, it takes a little while to go back even see a little loading bar at the top left.
      A:
      Originally posted by TheBigC
      If you are all in motion, do not use the map. Use the "esc" key, that brings up a minimap which is completly zoomable and does not take any time to load or close. Plus you can still see what is going on in front of you, which is extremely important when flying.

Comment

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I use the GPS map introduced with the v1.05 patch?

A: RIGHT-Ctrl+M (these are the default keys) will bring up the GPS map when it is available to the player.
        Last edited by Strag; 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Re: Armed Assault Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I order a squad member to watch a specific direction?

A: Select the soldier(s) you want to give the order to then hold ALT (free-look) and point-click the direction you need to have covered.
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you check frame rate?

Comment

Hi Dillon. Welcome to TG...I don't think there is an ingame tool that measures frame rate. Most folks use FRAPS I belive to do that. I chose not to as I'm squeezing as many FPS as possible as I can. This is a demanding title on hardware and Fraps can use up substantial resources.

C'mon to our server and play some Arma with us. Just read the sop's and server rules before you do and get ready for fun.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Dillon,There is a handy freeware called Teamspeak Overlay. It's easily downloaded and is a beta but it works fine for me and it allows you to see who exactly is speaking in your channel while in game. FPS is also visible in game by default with TSO.

Comment

Originally posted by curtagain View Post
                  Dillon,There is a handy freeware called Teamspeak Overlay. It's easily downloaded and is a beta but it works fine for me and it allows you to see who exactly is speaking in your channel while in game. FPS is also visible in game by default with TSO.
                  I just got this today. I HIGHLY recommend it.

It also has a FPS display and a <i>clock</i>. I'm always getting lost in how long I've played so it's nice to have a clock right there.

http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/
                  Last edited by vanity11; 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Q: Will BI release ArmA Reloaded with the AH-64A/D & OH-58D? I'm also looking for an C-130E, AC-130, CV-22B, & C-17 addon for ArmA. The U. S. Air Force versions. Thanks
                    Last edited by Hymes; 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hymes View Post
                      Q: Will BI release ArmA Reloaded with the AH-64A/D & OH-58D? I'm also looking for an C-130E, AC-130, CV-22B, & C-17 addon for ArmA. The U. S. Air Force versions. Thanks
                      You might want to try the BI forums:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi.../ikonboard.cgi

I've never heard of ArmA Reloaded, so I'm not exactly sure what your referring too..ArmA2 hada been recently announced and there is a new expansion Queen's Gambit to be released in the next month..but beyond that nothing has been announced......is Reloaded a mod?

Comment

I'm sorry its Cold War Rearmed. Not Reloaded. Its OFP updated to the new formate of the ArmA engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hymes View Post
                          I'm sorry its Cold War Rearmed. Not Reloaded. Its OFP updated to the new formate of the ArmA engine.
                          Yeah, i think there is an impending announcement about this...but I'm not sure what the content will be...

Although anything will be announced on the BI forums first for sure....

Comment

q- just bought the game (box version) and the TG server said the version is not supported, i am currently downloading 1.1-4 to 1.5 update, and 1.8 update.. i assume it will work after that?