Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Lag with high FPS

Hi,

I'm experiencing very annoying mouse lag in ArmA even though in high FPS (50-60), so it's not related to fps as usually.
    It's very difficult to aim because the sight responds very late to mouse movements , and it's very strange that this happens in high fps too. That spoils the immersion in the game that is based in good aim, so i'm quite dissapointed.

Someone have the same effect, or knows what to do?

thanks

Re: Mouse Lag with high FPS

I find the mouse lag you speak of when I have ingame settings set too high for the demo. The big fps killers are antialiasing, texture detail, objects detail, shading detail, shadow detail and post effects.

Since I really like the shadow/shading detail I keep these at high.

Texture and object detail I keep at low. Terrain detail get set to Normal.

I keep post process at low and AF at normal. AA is disabled because of the HDR. I find that running ARMA at the max resolution of your monitor keeps the game from looking jagged.

I have the overall game detail set to High.

You really have to take the time to figure out which combination of settings will give you the highest average fps and still have graphics that look really good.

Comment

thanx for the answer, my problem is not really with the fps , as I say the mouse lag is present with high fps too.
      As you say , there are many fps killers that I managed similar to you, and more or less the fps are decent. So the problem is that heavy lag in mouse movement even when the fps are at max, thats what I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
        thanx for the answer, my problem is not really with the fps , as I say the mouse lag is present with high fps too.
        As you say , there are many fps killers that I managed similar to you, and more or less the fps are decent. So the problem is that heavy lag in mouse movement even when the fps are at max, thats what I don't understand.
        Yes, I understand the lag you describe. You have high fps and when you move through a shadowed area under a tree, it seems to take few seconds longer for your crosshair to come to where you want it or it just seems that you put a bit more effort into working the mouse to track a target.

If that's what you're describing, I have found that it's related to ingame settings set too high.

What I really find weird about this game, is that putting settings to low does not necessarily translate to bad looking graphics. What I have cone to appreciate about ARMA is that BIS really tries to create a "world", rather than just a map. There's a lot that is rendered in the current world scene from bugs/moths flying by to the individual blades of grass. The blades of grass/weeds often sway in a slight breeze. BIS really overdraws the world to simulate the real world.

Another tweak I have been playing around with is Riva Tuner's D3D Blitting Tab. I check the first 2 selections and this seems to help alleviate the "high fps" lag. Essentially what the blitting tab is doing is dropping specific rendered frames. It seems to make the driver render a scene a bit more efficiently.

Comment

Render frames ahead = 0
          Vsync = forced off

Comment

Originally posted by SailinDawg View Post
            Yes, I understand the lag you describe. You have high fps and when you move through a shadowed area under a tree, it seems to take few seconds longer for your crosshair to come to where you want it or it just seems that you put a bit more effort into working the mouse to track a target.

If that's what you're describing, I have found that it's related to ingame settings set too high.

What I really find weird about this game, is that putting settings to low does not necessarily translate to bad looking graphics. What I have cone to appreciate about ARMA is that BIS really tries to create a "world", rather than just a map. There's a lot that is rendered in the current world scene from bugs/moths flying by to the individual blades of grass. The blades of grass/weeds often sway in a slight breeze. BIS really overdraws the world to simulate the real world.

Another tweak I have been playing around with is Riva Tuner's D3D Blitting Tab. I check the first 2 selections and this seems to help alleviate the "high fps" lag. Essentially what the blitting tab is doing is dropping specific rendered frames. It seems to make the driver render a scene a bit more efficiently.
            The mouse lag is not only in shadowed areas but in all situations, that's the strange thing, seems to be that the mouse movement is "lagged", permanently in the game no matter what situation you're in, is not as fast as GRAW, Call of Duty 2, FEAR, Old GR, with the same fps for example.
            I tried the settings in rivatuner and everithing seems the same

Originally posted by BHack View Post
            Render frames ahead = 0
            Vsync = forced off
            I have these settings as you said before (with coolbits) and it goes nice to enhance performance in many games ( GRAW...) , but doen't solve mouse lag in this ocassion

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X