Sprocket Modified EXE for 1.02

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket Modified EXE for 1.02

Devs have posted to the 14 page thread tracking Sprocket issues with a fixed exe and have asked for help in testing if it fixes the MP CTD issues.

You can read more here:
    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...t=55705;st=195

Direct link to the exe here:
    ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/ArmA/Su...02Sprocket.zip

Anyone up for trying this out tonight or this weekend?

Re: Sprocket Modified EXE for 1.02

I hope Trooper is reading these threads.

With luck, he might even have the DVD arrive today? (Your grey hair stars growing on installation of the game Troops)!

Our desk (in work) received an invite to a military seminar in the States. Which only took 2 days to get here. So with luck, the Discs were just as quick reaching the other side of the pond.

Have not bothered going on-line with my 1.4 version. Waiting for the release of the 1.5 patch to bring us all up to date.

Has given me the opportunity to re-do all the training/SP missions - Have not noticed anything different though. (Different being any noticeable improvements (subjective) or noticeable stability). CH Rudder pedals and the Cobra seem to get in to a bun fight with each other over a certain speed. Just the Cobra. Rudder Pedals start to act more like the X-Axis of a joystick (bank) rather than Left/Right turn.

Windowed mode still grinds to a halt 10 minutes after starting.

The game crashes (sometimes) after Alt-Tab(bing) out then Alt-Tab(bin) back in.

TS Overlay running with ArmA on one load, will seem to work fine (no FPS degradation). The next, as jerky as it always was. Go figure?

On the whole though, I am still enjoying the experience. I have been in the Royal Navy for over 31 years, not come across Sahrani in my travels of the Atlantic yet .... But will keep an eye out !
    sigpic
    | |
    TG ArmA Pathfinder
    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
      I hope Trooper is reading these threads.

With luck, he might even have the DVD arrive today? (Your grey hair stars growing on installation of the game Troops)!
      Well i have a long weekend some me and the wife are going to visit the parents til monday....was my idea, now im regretting it. I will surely be on tuesday night for some games. Im hopeing that it all works out so i can join the rest of you.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Shiner. I wanted to let you all know that it appears this new exe really works. I just finished playing for about an hour with no CTD's. (I was one of the guys ctding every 10 minutes or so).

No loss in FPS. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vitriol View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Shiner. I wanted to let you all know that it appears this new exe really works. I just finished playing for about an hour with no CTD's. (I was one of the guys ctding every 10 minutes or so).

No loss in FPS. :)

My first thought was ADV is going to love this.

Hmm, I guess I could actually reinstall my sprocket download now.

Comment

lol Yup pretty big day for me.

The download actaully gives you 3 files. The Exe itself, one called Arma.sw2 and one called ArmA.locked. All go into your arma directory, overwrite the old sw2. Don't forget to take the old exe out or replace it or you'll get an error. Probably pretty common sence to most but I forgot to and it took me 10 minutes to sort out what was wrong.

It does trigger a softwrap verification but its painless, one click and its done.

Comment

Yikes my frame-rate dropped in half and even with moving my settings from very high to low, the game was nearly unplayable in SP.

MP was worse, CTD everytime after clicking join.

Comment

Crud! What the heck shiner are you sure everythings installed like its supposed to be and your clicking the lock shaped exe in your arma folder instead of the old one?

Comment

I followed the directions twice. Both times I can play SP just fine, but trying to join a server generates a windows exception in the Arma.Locked file. I'll just wait it out to see if 1.05 has the fixes.

Comment

Bummer. It seemed to be a thrown together fix anyway. It was strange how they let it out, only in a obscure thread with no real effort at annoncement to the masses. I guess they just wanted a few to try it out.

Like you say 1.05 will probably fix it for you. Maybe its a dual core type thing. I only have a P4 3.0GZ do you run dual core? It kinda sounds like that kinda problem but I'm only guessing.

Comment

Yeh i have an intel core2. I figured the same as you, it clearly was just a programmer doing a test on a specific item and not anything that had passed through Q&A.

Comment

Should it take awhile to patch from 1.01 to 1.02, or should i activate it first then patch and then do english conversion.

Another thing hopefully they will have another english conversion for the 1.05 patch.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Hi Trooper.

The biggest bug-bear with the Cz or Ge download was the fact that you had to revert the software back to its native language vanilla state before applying any patches.

Instructions for doing this are included with the Sixth Sense language conversion download.

If I were you, considering how close we are to the release of 1.5, is to wait just a few more days. Then install, then patch up to 1.5, then convert to En/Ge.

Unfortunately the TG server (along with quite a few others around the world) got out of sync when the UK version was released. TG was at 1.2 along with Cz/Ge and a few others. UK and a few others are at 1.4. If you are at a different version number, you can't get on the MP servers if they are on an earlier version, of which many are!

1.5 brings us all level - (assuming the pain in the arse MP CTD's have been sorted).
                          sigpic
                          | |
                          TG ArmA Pathfinder

Comment

A language patch will not be necessary in 1.05. The game will include the option to choose whichever language you wish.

Comment

Yep BH. I forgot about that. Cheers me hearty.
                              sigpic
                              | |
                              TG ArmA Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed