Sprocket CD Key Woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket CD Key Woes

Well, I've read through some of the old threads and just wanted to give you Sprocket purchasers of the UK version a heads up.

I purchased AA (UK) around 5PM Central and have yet to receive an e-mail confirming my purchase, and more importantly, providing my CD Key.

The download of the ~2.7GB file was very quick, around 1.5hours from the Czech location. No problems there at all, I'm just stuck waiting for the CD key to be able to install.

In Sprocket's defense, I'm sure they are getting hit pretty hard today with the release of the UK/English version but it's a bit frustrating to know you have paid them and not have a CD key to install and begin enjoying the game.

Re: Sprocket CD Key Woes

I can't believe they haven't fixed that problem in 4 months. Rediculous.

Comment

DA, it seems BI is stepping in directly to assist:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tml#post659043

Comment

Yep, saw that this morning. Finally got an e-mail with my CD Key a little while ago. Seems BI is definitely taking up the slack as the e-mail I received was from them, NOT Sprocket.

Comment

I downloaded and received my CD key promptly last night. I'm glad so far I haven't had problems. I haven't tried to play it yet though.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I got the cd key with my purchase confirmation email

Comment

I am adding to this to assuage concerns about buying through sprocket. I received my email with the cd key three minutes after the purchase.

And I will be playing soon!

Everybody, be very afraid, especially if I am in your fire team. I will be the Gomer Pile of TG.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I stupidly bought the game off of Sprocket, knowing that they have issues with their *should be* automated email. According the the FAQ on their site you can create an account and after the second log on it will list your CD-key. This is true, it does. The only problem is that you also need an "activation key" which is also the "purchase number" which is given after you submit the purchase. I unfortunately ran the purchase using a Linux live-CD on my laptop and did not think to print or copy down this number.

I emailed [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] after about 6 hours of waiting. It has been over 24 hours since the emails and I have heard nothing. What I don't understand is how they can operate a business like this. They should stop accepting orders, or warn consumers that they will receive no support nor the information they need to play outside of their "working hours."

While waiting, I downloaded the DVD .iso using bittorrent, installed using my CD-key, and have been playing the 1.04 singleplayer. Now that the new YASU 1.1 is out, I have updated to 1.05 and can play multiplayer.

If you had the presence of mind to keep a record of the purchase number, you CAN get both the download and the CD-key from the Sprocket website and then install and play the game. If not, you must wait, wait, wait, and wait, or get a non-softwrap-protected ArmA install medium and using your CD-key+DaemonTools+Yasu to play.

IMO, BIS should have bypassed the CD-in-drive copy protection (It worked from 1.05's release until today and now it is ineffective) and the Softwrap "activate the bull-o-ney" (unreliable, and obviously not hassle-free). I am sure they could have come up with a much better way to control piracy and facilitate electronic purchasing and distribution. Maybe they should have looked at Steam as an option. Steam has its cons, but it also has a lot more going for it than this "Softwrap/Sprocket" method of online distribution.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X