No announcement yet.

A post with a less instigating tone.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A post with a less instigating tone.

Comming from

First of all, I bought this game. Second of all, what kinda of person who is pro-piracy misses StarForce? Starforce is a pirates worst nightmare.. My point was how rediculous the copy protection is getting. Its becomming far easier for legit buyers to purchase a game and use a crack to get around the BS copy protection, than it is to just use the game as it comes. That is all. Its frustrating, and it shouldnt be that way. I know I'm not alone here, and dont act like I'm stealing from anyone. I'm not breaking any laws or rules, and I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm just venting my frustrations and trying to save others from suffering from the same problems.

When the sprocket version was crashing, no one seemed to have a problem with my recommending that people suffering the same bug to download the CD version and use theiur valid CD key.. So whats the problem here?
    TG Regular
    TGU Staff
    ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala

Re: A post with a less instigating tone.

when you explain it like that nothing is wrong. It was how it was posted and you wherent given a chance to respond before they closed it.

No worries
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.

I agree with you on this. The idea that a download is less secure, thus requires more security, is silly. And this fear is really hurting the viability of downloaded software.

I have a crack or two for games that I have but the Cd was ruined or lost. I have no moral problem with this but it is, probably, technically illegal. But the law is not a good one so who cares?
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

There is nothing wrong with this post. As I've said, I couldn't agree more with you on the sprocket frustrations or DRM in general. Just look at my other posts on the topic (for example here:
        I was also one of those that tried to download and crack a game I legitametly own just to get it to play without crashing.

That being said your post was closed because it included inappropriate language, the subject was "I think its easire to pirate" (which could easily be mis-interpreted) and was reporting for moderation by other users, nothing more and nothing less.

If you have any concerns you are free to PM me or another admin directly.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed