Low framefrate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low framefrate

I just got the game today, but I am getting low frame rates, it feels slow to respond.

I am running 1024x768 everything at the lowest setting possible, and I am only getting ~20fps.

I'm thinking it might be my CPU which is 2GHz, the advertised minimum, my graphics card should be capable, I have a 6800 256MB which is the recommended. The rest of my specs are in my sig.

What are your suggustions? Do I need a faster CPU?
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Re: Low framefrate

Yes, CPU would help... you also MUST set render_frames_ahead to 0 in your Nvidia control panel. I would also highly recommend you force off Vsync in there as well. That should remove some of the 'sluggishness'

Comment

Excellent, I had already forced vsync off, but setting max frames to render ahead to 0 got my fps up to ~50, much smoother.

Cheers.
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
        you also MUST set render_frames_ahead to 0 in your Nvidia control panel.
        I have "this friend" that can't figure out how to do this...won't you please help "my friend" out?!?!

Comment

Tell Coridon that he has to download coolbits to unlock the render frames ahead option in his videocard control panel... that is assuming he has an Nvidia card.

google 'coolbits', run the reg file you get... then go back into your video card control panel and look for a menu called "additional direct3d settings". There you shall find what you seek.

Comment

Wow...it's suddenly like I'm no longer playing ArmA as a "stop animation" game!

I'll start joining the server as soon as this weekend is over...promise...

Comment

I did this last (along with updating drivers) night just before going to bed...can't wait 'til I get back home to see how it affects the game.
              Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Any idea if coolbits works with the Vista NVidia drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
                  Any idea if coolbits works with the Vista NVidia drivers?
                  I tried looking for a way to get coolbits or some form of tweaking but couldn't find anything for Vista. There's no way to adjust the max render frames and vsync doesn't seem to turn off for me. I did find a pretty good boost by disabling triple buffering in the nVidia control panel.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I turned vsync off and got horrible graphics, lots of objects not rendering.

Comment

Same here. Vsynce off, and set render frames almost seemed to lower my FPS.

Comment

Zoopy and Boudreux,

You guys both have Nvidia cards??? Try just setting render frames ahead to zero, but leave v-sync on...

Chappie

Comment

I have the 8800 GTS. Even when enabling the driver with coolbits I cannot find the render ahead setting. Could somebody post a screenshot of where it is supposed to be?
                          --
                          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

I found this screenshot.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5500/coolbits4jv.png

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X