"Float" when aiming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Float" when aiming

I was just wondering what the general thoughts on the "float" option for aiming in ArmA are amongst most of you.

Personally, I find that it makes it much harder to aim. I didn't think about it until tonight that I could probably turn it off. First game I played with that option turned all the way down, I did much better than before.

But before I totally dismiss it, I just wanted some feedback. If you guys that are use to it think its much better for X reasons, I'd like to hear it. Maybe I should give it another shot if need be.

Re: "Float" when aiming

I keep it all the way to the left on it's lowest setting. In most MP map settings, there is no excessive aim float. However, in the SP, certain weapons have a bit of float still associated, like the M4 (?) rocket launcher.

The only reason for the aim float is increase "realism". I haven't played with at all, except to turn it all the way down. I'd be more inclined to use it for SP than MP.

Comment

Are you speaking of the option that allows you to "aim" slightly off center without moving the body?

If so, I found I enjoyed the game MUCH more with that option turned all the way off. I can imagine it would be useful to keep the body "still" and just aim using it, but after 20+ years of gaming, I can't adjust.

Comment

Yes Shiner that's what I'm referring to.

That's my experience as well. I just couldn't get use to it after every other FPS I've played. Had much more fun after I turned it off.

Comment

I set the float zone to 6 full clicks to the right from full left. I played some SP and MP. I really didn't find it a problem. It doesn't seem to impact you're aim when using iron sights. If you only use the crosshair, it will probably drive you mad.

At the setting I used I noticed that when iron sighting, I could get a bit of a smaller movement to adjust on a target than with it off. I also use a Logitech G5 mouse and use the lowest speed when iron sighting.

Play around with it, you may start to like it. I thought initially that it would be like the Brothers In Arms float. It's not and it's not even close.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X