dedicated server software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dedicated server software?

Just wondering...how is there about 10 dedicated servers for v1.06, (the rest still being v1.05)... will the old DS software work with v1.06 or do we have to wait for updated DS software?

Thx for any info.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: dedicated server software?

DS, what is that?
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

dedicated server
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

For us it is a simple matter of not having anyone with a copy of 1.06. We discussed buying one for the server, but without admins able to access it, it wasn't worth the expense and we fully expect the 1.07 to be out in the next few weeks.

I don't know if there is a different dedicated server exe so that could be another issue.

Comment

This whole thing is a PITA. I'm supposed to pick up my US retail copy of ArmA on the way home from work tonight but I won't be able to play until BIS gets all these patches in order and all the versions on the same page I guess.

Kinda frustrating, but I realize it's a BIS problem and not anything we can easily solve.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
            This whole thing is a PITA. I'm supposed to pick up my US retail copy of ArmA on the way home from work tonight but I won't be able to play until BIS gets all these patches in order and all the versions on the same page I guess.

Kinda frustrating, but I realize it's a BIS problem and not anything we can easily solve.
            Buying a copy will do no good at this point. We can currently download and install Dedicated Software for 1.06 currently (for free). The problem is even if you did buy it, it would be not compatible with 90% of the players on TG. We all have version 1.05 for a client and the server software is only for version 1.06. BI Link

This is one of those thing that we can do nothing until version 1.07 comes out real soon. It looks like that (1.07 patch) will catch everybody up, the US and the European version so everybody is compatible.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

yes but what I'm asking is... do we have to wait for v1.07 to host a dedicated v1.06 server... not TG, I understand that 90% have v1.05, just wondering how I see about 10 to 15 dedicated servers for v1.06 when that software hasn't been released as far as I know.

But I guess the best bet for anyone is just to wait for v1.07 anyway.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...dicated_Server

The 1.06 beta is linked from the above page.

ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/ArmA/De...er106_5152.zip

Comment

thx Fish... was just wondering, to save confusion I'll just wait for 1.07 anyway.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Looks like 1.07 is right around the corner. I can't wait. I'm going through ArmA withdrawal.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Seriously...

I'm loving this game, cannot wait to play TG.
                      Do or do not, there is no try....
                      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...