No announcement yet.

Just came to realize, i cant play this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came to realize, i cant play this.

asdfjkl;

i just bought ArmA and started playing the other night, i'm an 8800 User and with the U.S. release the game isn't playable, as soon as i start playing i do fine but after around 15 minutes the game performance goes from 25-40FPS average to 2-7FPS average, its so choppy i can't play do anything, turning down graphic detail doesnt work either, i hope BIS fixes this soon. people on the forums over there are having alot of issues also

Re: Just came to realize, i cant play this.

Unlucky buddy!Is that cus of the 8800?Because im trying to upgrade soon, that will be the new GC...but i have UK version, is it affected?

Comment

The v1.07 beta patch seems to be the issue (from what I've read). I can't see BIS releasing the v1.07 final patch until these graphics problems are fixed. Hopefully soon!

Comment

it's 1.06 also, everything from the U.S. release, many people want to roll back to 1.05 (UK release) as it didn't have issues with the 8800's, 1.06 and on are bad for 8800 users, so basically everyone with the U.S. version and an 8800 is in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
          it's 1.06 also, everything from the U.S. release, many people want to roll back to 1.05 (UK release) as it didn't have issues with the 8800's, 1.06 and on are bad for 8800 users, so basically everyone with the U.S. version and an 8800 is in trouble
          Blech. They definitely need to get this fixed for v1.07 final.

Comment

hopefully the fix will be soon, they narrowed it down i believe, it's a memory allocation problem, theres a process that doesnt ever get the Halt message and it keeps leeking information and uses up the Video cards memory, once the 768MB gets filled performance goes to that of a much much lesser card

Comment

Sticky there are quite a few 8800 threads over in the Official BIS forum. (I have ATI, so not much help to you).

Latest 8800 thread is: HERE

Have a read, it might point you in the right direction to get the game playing OK.
              sigpic
              | |
              TG ArmA Pathfinder
              One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Hey Sticky...I just recently built a new rig with the EVGA 8800 GTS.

I've had quite a few texture issues, but everything is playable in 1.05 / 1.07. Some things to try:

1) Open your Arma.cfg (My Documents-->ArmA) in notepad. Change HDRPrecision from 8 to 16. Here's what mine looks like:

language="English";
                adapter=-1;
                3D_Performance=9554.000000;
                Resolution_W=1680;
                Resolution_H=1050;
                Resolution_Bpp=32;
                refresh=60;
                FSAA=0;
                HDRPrecision=16;
                lastDeviceId="4318,403,69210334";
                localVRAM=322084864;
                nonlocalVRAM=258998271;
                2) NVidia Video Settings: Even though I can play with everything max'd out, things get pretty buggy. Go into the NVidia command center and switch Antialiasing and anisotrophic filtering to 'application controlled'.

Check out this forum: TweakGuide Forums: Armed Assault Thread

Take a gander at this as well: TweakGuide NVIDIA FORCEWARE tutorial

3) In game: I can play max'd out with a super huge view distance, but it starts to chug after a while, like you mentioned. Instead, I set everything to NORMAL, except Post Processing (HIGH), and AA/AH (OFF). Actually I can play with both of those set to high, with minor difficulty, but I'm still experimenting.

Keep in mind, this is a fresh OS install on a brand new machine with the latest NVIDIA drivers (no beta drivers). I still get strange effects, like a blinking/unuseable NVG scope at night, and flat objects with greyed out menu commands. When this happens, I just escape out--> hit options-->video-->change post processing to normal-->then back to high (don't have to exit out), and everything's good to go.

Hope this "stream of conscious" response is helpful!
                |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

ditto on the graphics issues, I to have an 8800gtx and after a while my gpu dumps memory and I BSD. It likes to occur when I do anything quickly, like going from optics to regular view over and over. Anyways, I'm going to keep tweaking and see what happens. But yeah, for a game that in all respects was DESIGNED with the 8800 cards in mind it's seriously disappointing that it doesnt work well.

Comment

Here are a couple quick links that might help as far as tweaking your video options:

BI tweak discussion

Another link

The above links helped bring me upto 70 +FPS with ArmA. Unfortunately, none of the tweaks were able to get my SLI working. ArmA is the only game I have where I cannot utilize it at the moment. But with the already decent frame rates it is livable..
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Neither of those links addresses the 8800 issues, they're more designed for people with lesser systems that want the game to run smoothly. Fact of the matter is, there's no completely stable way to play this game now unless you're v 1.06 or 1.05 as far as I can tell from other posts. :(

Comment

V1.06 isn't stable with the 8800GTX, IMO and since 1.06 isnt stable for me, no way in hell im going to 1.07b

Comment

new Vista (beta) drivers for the 8800s were released today... I'm gonna give them a shot and see what happens

Comment

I had a go at the latest Beta forceware drivers as I am having LOD(loss of detail) and cores on my GFXC(8800GTS) as well. I have no solution as of yet.
                            --
                            VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I had a few rounds with the beta Nvidia driver and while things seem a bit more "fluid" and rendered in game (at normal settings), at high settings many textures are un-rendered or take a long time to render. As well, I still get wicked memory leaks and CTD frequently. Sooo, I'm going back to the regular drivers and having a go with the new beta patch.

<sigh> this is very frustrating

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X