Evolution score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution score

Is it possable to have your score in Evolution not be reset every time the round resets. This is one of my biggest frustrationswith ArmA because I dont have the ability to be on for massive time spans, so whenever im on, the round is just starting but im gone after 1 or 2 towns/cities. Or its just ending so assualting is difficult due to none of the weapons, or ability to get to the battle. Is it possable to have the scores carried over from round to round so that I can get something better than the M136 and the M16A2 every time im on.

Re: Evolution score

Hellswaters, I am definately in the same boat as I play 90% of my time in 30-1hr sessions and rarely get rank sufficient to play with toys in evo. I have spent 10+ hours testing an external data storage program.. including righting the code necessary for scores to be saved outside the mission and retrieved during a missions start. The downside is that the application requires an external program that is reported to cause server instability. Short of this the author of evolution is investigating the new stat save feature in 1.07 to see if results can be retrieved.

The short answer to my rambling is no, but folks are working in it.

Comment

Shouldnt it be possable to just change the code to something fixed and server related, not map related because I can go in get a kill, quit and come back 20 min latter (assuming same round) and still have that point. However im not a developer or coder by any means though so its probily a bit harder than it sounds. Ill see if I can get any answer from some people I did beta testing from though at Atari (when I see them again.)

Thanks for your answer shiner.

Comment

Currently the score is saved inside of the mission session running on the server IE memory. This is why when the same mission session is still running, you can return later and retrieve your existing score. Once the mission has stopped, server reset or just about anything else, the memory is cleared and the score is lost. The alternative method I was working with actually records the scores to a file so that they can be retrieved later.. but again it is a challenging problem not supported directly by ArmA.

Comment

I might add that BIS has added support for persistence in the 1.07 beta patch. However the mission creator must add support for it in the mission(and we would then add it to the server settings).
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Panzer.. my understanding is that 1.07 only writes MP stats to file and doesn't provide a means to load that back into a mission?
            5154 - Fixed: MP mission statistics can be written to the file given by command line argument -ranking=..

Am I thinking of something else?

Comment

Yes, I was thinking of the 5154, but I was unaware they only had a one way solution available.
              --
              VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I went ahead and put the moded evolution and dsts on serv 1 install... but it appears to not operate reliably in 1.07b dedicated server. We might need to wait for an update to DSTS and then try again.

Comment

ONE good thing about EVO is that the Author seems to keep it supported very well... So if it can be done it probably will be...
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...