connecting failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting failed

Hello, i have trouble connecting to server's, i can host a online game no problem's.

I had a look through the ArmA troubleshooting page and saw this

Connection problem

Basically i would like to know how i achieve this with possibly a step by step guide.(Im a Noob)

Thanks

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: connecting failed

1. In windows, click the start menu. You should have an item "Run" just above the Logoff or Shutdown items. Select "Run"
    2. A dialog box should pop-up. In the input area type "cmd" and hit ok.
    3. You should now see something similar to a dos window (black background). In this type "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter.

I can't vouch for what this does, but that is how you achieve what the link above is asking :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
      1. In windows, click the start menu. You should have an item "Run" just above the Logoff or Shutdown items. Select "Run"
      2. A dialog box should pop-up. In the input area type "cmd" and hit ok.
      3. You should now see something similar to a dos window (black background). In this type "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter.

I can't vouch for what this does, but that is how you achieve what the link above is asking :)
      Thanks shiner. Its all up and running onlie now :)

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Has this problem been totally sorted yet? I had the same problem and yes..resetting the winsock catalogue does sort the problem and you can then connect to online games...only problem is resetting the winsock renders your firewall obselete. The only way I found to fix that was to reinstall the firewall, which then restores the problem that I started with. Since I didnt fancy the idea of running with no firewall I now cant play the game...unless someone has another suggestion or fix?

Comment

I currently use Sunbelt Kerio firewall without issues.. have you tried an alternate firewall (even just a free test version) to see if you can play ArmA with it. At the very least this would tell us if it is a systemic problem on your computer or limited to a specific application.

Comment

tnx...I have actually tried it with no firewall turned on and indeed with the firewall uninstalled completely...but no difference. The only time I have been able to get a multiplay game is if I do that winsock fix mentioned above, but then I am left with no firewall at all.

Comment

My suggestion would be www.smoothwall.org and build a hardware firewall out of an old PC. Alot more versatile and protects your whole network. Can be used in conjunction with personal firewalls, but if you need to turn those off you don't lose all your protection.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...