Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we PLEASE bar the use of squad icons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we PLEASE bar the use of squad icons?

I've crashed repeatedly from some of these squad icons attempting to load up properly in my 1.07 ArmA game. Most notably, the individual named Zoot. His icon has repeatedly crashed me consistently with this error:

Cannot create system memory surface 4444, 546x526 (size 718016 B)
    Error code 8876086c

This is an extremely frustrating problem that is SEVERELY hampering my enjoyment of playing on the TG servers. Add that in with the lack of communication ability at all on my end, and that makes for an experience that makes my blood boil more often than not!

So, if we can, please bar the use of squad icons until we have a stable patch (1.08) released! This would greatly help me, as well as some others, on the game in TG's servers.

(I posted it in General Discussion because it needed to be discussed as a general policy thing, not as a technical support thing.)

-NK

Edit: OK, screw 1.07, guys....it just isn't being stable for me, regardless...
    Last edited by NKato; 06-07-2007, 12:14 AM. Reason: Getting frustrated with constant crashes.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Re: Can we PLEASE bar the use of squad icons?

hmmmm....I think I may see the problem here.

Squad logos need to be appropriately sized. They need to have square dimensions divisible by 8, i.e. 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024.

I thought the game wouldn't allow any other size, but if the size of his graphic is really 546x526...you may have found a bug, or loophole. This may be causing you to crash out...though I'm at a loss as to why you're the only one.

Here's the wiki for reference:

BIS WIKI: Squad XML

Here's the relevant part:

Important note: All logos must a have resolution of 2^x / 2^y (e.g. 16 / 16, 32 / 32, 64 / 64, 256 /256)
    If he's on today, I'll have a chat with him to see if the teamwork guys can resize their logo. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

He already said he'd take it off after the current round (yesterday), so let's hope that's been resolved. I'm still getting OTHER unexplained crashes, though. :P So I'm gonna upgrade to 7.5 and try that hotfix that was recently posted.
      Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Encourage all ATI folks to get 7.5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X