Why is my character drunk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my character drunk?

Just grabbed the game, set up the key mappings I normally use for FPSs, and started off with the obstacle course. Wow. Drunk on duty or is it an inner-ear infection? Why the violent "swing" action when moving the mouse from left to right? The gun barrel seems to switch sides graphically and I'm finding it hard to move the cross-hairs where I want them to. Same with running: the "touch the barrel" part took two attempts; I could barely keep my character in a straight line.

Is this how the game is supposed to operate? I'm completely at a loss here as to why it's so difficult to maneuver. I'm no slouch; I've been playing FPSs since the original Wolfenstein but never have I experienced such a complete disorientation in a game like this.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

Re: Why is my character drunk?

Your Character is Drunk due to his "off Duty" consumption of Alcoholic Beverages.. Don't let him tell ya he is at the Club for the Dancing.. It's about the CHicks and the Booze!

(I really have no idea why you are having this issue.. sorry)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Is your sensitivity really high? Could it be FADE (assuming ArmA has it)?

Comment

All the settings are set to default except I changed prone, crouch, and reload key bindings. I'm not just talking speed -- there's an exaggerated sense of left/right shuffling/movement that's making it difficult to run in a straight line.

My hardware is pretty vanilla -- P4 2.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, Geforce 7600GT, optical Microsoft mouse, standard Microsoft keyboard.

I dropped the "floating zone" down to zero and that seemed to eliminate the mouse swaying but I still can't get my character to run where I want him to.

So to everyone else, the infantry movements are the same as any other FPS? To me, it's like they're trying to increase the difficulty by simulating shifting pack/gun weight or something.

Just to make sure I'm not losing my mind, I loaded up Red Orchestra, Brothers In Arms, Call of Duty 2, and STALKER and the movement is completely normal/fluid in these games.

Comment

Mouse swaying? Are you sure that isn't just the "aiming box" where your gun is supposed to aim? I mean, I think that is part of the game.

You have to move your mouse farther than usual to aim more properly, this also applies to movement, I think.
          Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

From what I think you are describing it is just a misinterpretation of what you are seeing:
            Your character is running straight, but the mouse cursor will fly left and right to simulate you running with your weapon (you don't think in RL you can actually run with a gun pointed steady as a rock). The mouse cursor is an indication of where your gun is pointed, not your character. Hopefully this will help you. I would also suggest going into options and setting the deadzone slider down to zero. This helped me make the transition to ArmA.

In general ArmA is much more realistic than any of the other FPS you have mentioned so movement will seem slower, more ungainly to simulate the limitations of carrying weapons and shifting between stances.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X