................forget it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ................forget it

been waiting a long time for this patch in hopes of an 8800 LOD loss issue, un-installing and getting my money back

Re: ................forget it

not sure if you can take back open software, where did you get it?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

If you bring in proof that the manufacturer is not supporting your rig, Best Buy, Circuit etc... will generally take care of you. Bring in proof though.

Lucky Shot

Comment

purchased it at the local microcenter, pretty sure they'll take it

Comment

what the 8800 LOD issue?
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

the 8800 series has a really BAD issue where the Level of Detail drops, to a point where the game looks like its running on a card that has no capability of running it

Comment

Are you talking about that? I also got that now and then when playing 1.07/1.06 but mostly gone with last 1.07 beta patch.. And when It came, I usually hit escape and disappeared.. There was a fix on the forums temporary, I will search and edit the post for a solution but that was during 1.06 though

OR if your talking about your zooming in and see vehicles destroyed but appear undamaged for a few seconds then destroyed, if so thats part of the game and that also disapoints me..

edit again: 158.22 driver last the least LOD problems as well
              Last edited by VegaBond; 06-12-2007, 08:32 AM. Reason: Reason for editing.

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post

Are you talking about that? I also got that now and then when playing 1.07/1.06 but mostly gone with last 1.07 beta patch.. And when It came, I usually hit escape and disappeared.. There was a fix on the forums temporary, I will search and edit the post for a solution but that was during 1.06 though
                I get that now with 1.08. I'll try the escape trick. I was trying to land a little bird in the city and it did that to everything and I couldn't see where I was. I have an ATI 1900XT btw. I have the 7.5 drivers, but I can't use the hotfix as for some reason it stops BF2 from loading and only BF2, everything else works fine and dandy.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yeah im still searching forums, I know Alt tab fixes it too.. Give me a hour or two, I want to try to keep as many Arma players here, Don't leave us!!! :(

Comment

Looks like artifacts to me, usually happens when you're video card is too hot. I saw that exact thing the other day when the room temp was high because the air conditioning was set too high at my place.
                    |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

yeah thats not what im talking about, just walking around the detail goes level of detail (sand or dirt or anything like that, leaves building textures etc) go from sharp and nice, to what looks like something a 3 month old would eat, complete entire Mush, as well as a stutter with it

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeDoc View Post
                        Looks like artifacts to me, usually happens when you're video card is too hot. I saw that exact thing the other day when the room temp was high because the air conditioning was set too high at my place.

It does to me as well, but I left my AC one while I was at work so the house was cool despite being 100 at one point in the day. And the artifacts happened as soon as I left airport to paraiso in the evo server. I had not been playing that long and never happened all those hours on 1.07.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

interesting... I was playing for a few minutes earlier flying along in a little bird when my entire screen turned into the black and brown artifacts. Needless to say I crashed. It appears they broke something graphics wise with 1.08. Come on 1.09 :)
                          |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

I noticed a marked improvement with my 8800 issues on the new 1.08 patch. Textures DO load quicker and the stutter is less. Framerates are up. Granted, I was the only one on the server. I also tested in a humvee and still smooth as silk. Remains to be seen in a littlebird though.

I got the artifacts every now and then in prior patches, but they're not due to temp. I can guarantee you that. What seemed to happen is certain objects just fail to render, which can even sometimes cause a crash. It's just bad code. these 8 series cards run real hot - usually well over 60C. What I did to solve is simply adjust a video setting so it had to reset - pain in the ass but it worked.

Did this new patch help?? we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                              , to what looks like something a 3 month old would eat, complete entire Mush

ewww... Does it smell like Peas? I hate peas....
                              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...