Direct X can create problems on Arma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct X can create problems on Arma

Since december 06 microsoft came out with 3 different DirectX versions called 9.0c.
    In order to make sure that none of your problems on Arma are caused by an older version of DirectX.
    Get on Microsft.com\directX
    In the blanck research window type DirectX June. June is the latest month release. Download then install. If your computer tells you, you already had that version, no harm done. If not, you have one problem less to worry about.
    GunnyHighway
    Because Lightspeed is superior to Soundspeed some individuals look brilliant before sounding stupid:row__572:

Re: Direct X can create problems on Arma

HI guys, i have a problem, my Arma doesnt run with my machine.

i have:
    xp 2500+ 1.8 Ghz cpu.
    radeon 9800 (256mb on board ram)
    1 gig ram
    my drivers fro all are quite current an all the current other games run that do not require pixel shader 3. for ArmA i meet all the requirements besides a CPU. the game dows not load up. please help.

Comment

Well meeting all the requirements except a CPU is a big problem ;)
      That processor is pretty weak, if you can, hop onto www.newegg.com and get yourself a new one. One that is better than that will probably be less than $100. Just make sure it matches the socket of your current proc.
      "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

thanks, but now i can get an upgrade next week, so i should be able to play it. i will get dual core AMD 4600 i think, its 2.0Ghz
        also a Nvidia 8600gs with 512 mb Ram.
        2gigs on RAM, and a nice 320 gig harddrive, so that should be sweet.
        by the way, i live in South Africa. and we work in Rands:). but thanks for the help.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
          thanks, but now i can get an upgrade next week, so i should be able to play it. i will get dual core AMD 4600 i think, its 2.0Ghz
          also a Nvidia 8600gs with 512 mb Ram.
          2gigs on RAM, and a nice 320 gig harddrive, so that should be sweet.
          by the way, i live in South Africa. and we work in Rands:). but thanks for the help.:)
          Make sure you get the right socket type. If you Motherboard is older, then its probably a 939 socket. The AMD chips they sell now are AM2 and won't work in a AM2 board (depends if you are getting a new motherboard or not, which I assume you are since your current machine doesn't have PCI-e for that 8600).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X