Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca.pbo

When updating with 1.08 I received the following error:
    Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (b1662f28!=4c660143)

Did anyone else get this? Should I try to get a copy of a clean ca.pbo to overwrite my file?

Re: Ca.pbo

Interesting. I got that error when trying to install the 1.07 beta patches but did NOT get it when installing the 1.08 patch. I have the UK Sprocket version.

Comment

I think i got the same error on the 1.07b and I have had issues when mission making getting an in-game error CATracked is not installed. I have the EU Sprocket version

Comment

If you haven't already, might trying uninstalling and re-installing from scratch. I did do that after receiving the 1.07 beta error. Then I just waited for 1.08 to come out and patched directly to it.

Comment

Usually means that you have some MOD installed that changed that file, it causes a mismatch. Easiest way to fix is intall 1.05 than run the patch.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Please let me know if you resolve that problem, because I'm having it, too. I have the Czech Sprocket version. Tried completely uninstalling, reinstalling, patching to 1.05 then 1.08, but I still get the error.
            [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman View Post
              Please let me know if you resolve that problem, because I'm having it, too. I have the Czech Sprocket version. Tried completely uninstalling, reinstalling, patching to 1.05 then 1.08, but I still get the error.
              Did you reinstall any mods after you patched to 1.05? If so, try uninstalling, reinstalling then patch to 1.08 first and see if that works.

Comment

The only mod I have installed is the FDF sound mod, so I find it highly unlikely this was related. I think it could be the czech sprocket version has a slight crc mismatch getting flagged as an error. I'm going to stick with what I have and see if it causes problems.

Comment

Nope, I went from the original install -> 1.05 -> 1.08. Should have been entirely clean.

I moved the patch to the actual ArmA directory and re-ran it from there. No errors and it said I already had version 1.08. Who knows if that means my install is OK or not. I'm tired of fooling with it.
                  [volun]

Comment

I just got the error running the 1.05 patch. I ignored it. I got more errors at the very end, too.

I'm about to launch the 1.08 patch, I'll do that from the ArmA directory and hope for the best..

Comment

Well, I got several errors on the 1.08 patch as well. Aside from ca.pbo, they (about 10 of em) were errors with .pbos in training missions and single player missions.

I am guessing that the only way to correct this is to start over with a clean install and re-patch, which I'm actually not sure how to do. I have the Metaboli German version. If someone can advise on how to accomplish re-installation I'd appreciate it.

I'm not itching to begin this process, however, because the multi-player aspects are working fine - I logged on to Evolution last night and had no issues. Perhaps I can just live without an updated ca.pbo?

Comment

I think that's what I'm going to do, at least until the next patch. I haven't had any problems so far, single or multiplayer.
                        [volun]

Comment

I have been able to play without issue so far!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X