problem performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem performance

hello friends. I would like 2 helps. 1° - my configuration is a pentium D 3.0GHZ 2gb memory geforce xfx 6800 xt 250 hd 400 seventeam. I have to put everything in the low and even so I have fps of 20 fps. why???
    my computer have configuration recommended but my performance is low 25 fps all low and very low and in city my fps down 17. help-me

2° quest - which better sound mod???

my ingles is not good but I hope that you understand

Re: problem performance

Campos-

There are still some performance probs with ArmA...I am trying to put together a list of common problems and resolutons based on discussions I have seen at the BIS / ArmA forums. In the meantime:

-Some people report better performance with HIGHER settings then lower.

-Try to add the following to your ArmA shortcut: -maxmem=256.

-Every 10 minutes or so, while in ArmA press [LeftShift]+[NumPad-], release them and quicly type "flush" (not "/" first it is not in the chat box)

-In your NVidia control panel, make sure your AA & AF are set to application controlled
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Well, the Geforce 6800 is problem the source of your low frames. Most people would be happy to have 20-25 FPS. That is what I get when I am in the cities. I have an AMD 4200 x2 2GB ram and a ATI 1900XT with 512 and I get around 35-40 in the open and 20 or less in the cities. Try turning your settings to all high. I get the same or better frames on high as I do low. You actually get the same frames as most people no matter what their setup. So you are not actually having much of a problem when compared to most others.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It seems the video card (and thus video settings) isn't the bottleneck... I changed my resolution from 1024x768 -> 1400x1050 and I actually GAINED a few fps.. huh?

Comment

Here are some additional things from the BIS/ArmA forums:

-All settings on High, while Anti Aliasing on low or normal
          -maxmem=512 or 256, very dependent on if you have CTD's
          -160.x videocard drivers, NO profile settings, simply vanilla
          -latest chipset drivers
          Last edited by loyalguard; 06-29-2007, 10:26 AM. Reason: typos
          LoyalGuard

Comment

my memory is 2gb dual channel. do you have to put maxmem=512???? does everything leave in the low?

I didn't understand what loyalguard said: "Every 10 minutes or so, while in ArmA press [LeftShift]+[NumPad-], release them and quicly type "flush" (not "/" first it is not in the chat box)"

Comment

Originally posted by RCAMPOS View Post
              my memory is 2gb dual channel. do you have to put maxmem=512???? does everything leave in the low?

I didn't understand what loyalguard said: "Every 10 minutes or so, while in ArmA press [LeftShift]+[NumPad-], release them and quicly type "flush" (not "/" first it is not in the chat box)"
              I am sorry I didn't write it more clearly.

The maxmem is for video memory, ony your video card, not your normal system memory (RAM). So, since your video card has 256MB of video memory, I recommend that setting.

The "flush" command is more confusing. I will try to simplify it.

As of v. 1.08 of ArmA, there are some problems with video memory and the game. If your FPS goes down, or the screen flickers, or other problems, it may help to "flush" your video memory (clear it and start again). To do this in the game, do the following:

Press the keys in the red circles as instructed below:

1. Press and hold the Left Shift Key
              2. Press the Number Pad Minus Key
              (Then release both)
              3. type: flush (not as chat, just type it)

If it works, the screen will go black for a few seconds and in the lower left corner of your screen you should see "Recieving...". Then, your screen will come back hopefully with higher FPS and no flickering (especially night vision and in map view).

I hope that helps!
              Last edited by loyalguard; 06-29-2007, 12:01 PM. Reason: typos
              LoyalGuard

Comment

ok understandy. sorry my ingles. ehehehe . my memory card is 256mb, THEN i have to put maxmem=512 , right???

thy very much

which a good mod of sound for putting in the armed assault?

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                  The "flush" command is more confusing. I will try to simplify it.

As of v. 1.08 of ArmA, there are some problems with video memory and the game. If your FPS goes down, or the screen flickers, or other problems, it may help to "flush" your video memory (clear it and start again). To do this in the game, do the following:

I hope that helps!
                  Wow.. thanks man!!! it sure did ;)
                  Dizlor

Comment

Yeah, now my night vision doesn't flicker anymore. Thanks!
                    "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      It seems the video card (and thus video settings) isn't the bottleneck... I changed my resolution from 1024x768 -> 1400x1050 and I actually GAINED a few fps.. huh?
                      OMG that is crazy talk:madsmile:

Wait it's true... I put mine up to the 1440x900 and gained at least 5-8 FPS.
                      and the game looks a bit better, even on lowest of settings.
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                        OMG that is crazy talk:madsmile:

Wait it's true... I put mine up to the 1440x900 and gained at least 5-8 FPS.
                        and the game looks a bit better, even on lowest of settings.
                        Put all your settings but AA, Post processing, and shadows on high. You probably won't lose any frames.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yes that's a big rgr KhAn that's how I have mine set although I stumbled to the settings.
                          Strange how my FPS definately improved when I increased some of the settings, lowest setting do not give highest fps but it is beyond me to explain why.

One tip I would give in trying to max your fps is how you respond when running and you hit the prone button.
                          If your maxed out correctly you should go prone quickly in real time but if your settings are too high you find you will stagger on for a couple of steps before going prone.
                          This is very worrying when you run for a bush intending to go prone behind it but then find yourself in front of it.

Printing out the "quick flush" thingymebob as a quick ref Loyal I'll try that tonight.

Lots of hints & tips here RCAMPOS >>>

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=68;t=56898
                          Last edited by Barnaby; 06-30-2007, 08:27 AM.
                          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                            I have an AMD 4200 x2 2GB ram and a ATI 1900XT with 512 and I get around 35-40 in the open and 20 or less in the cities. Try turning your settings to all high. I get the same or better frames on high as I do low. You actually get the same frames as most people no matter what their setup. So you are not actually having much of a problem when compared to most others.
                            I'm curious. Do you have adaptive antialiasing enabled in the CCC ?

This setting seems to have a fairly high performance hit. With AA set to low in ArmA, adaptive antialiasing made the game unplayable. A good test to see if it makes a difference for you is the SP convoy mission. With AA set to low, having adaptive AA enabled resulted in a slide show (5-7 FPS). Disabled, 17-20 FPS.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I started messing with my Post Processing and have found that by turning it on I gain a substantial amount of frames. But the handoff is visual sharpness. Objects at distance are blurred somewhat and it'll take some getting used to.

But at 1440x900 and everything on High, it's almost "too sharp" if that makes sense. I think maybe the Post Processing blur helps to smooth things out, in addition to really kicking up my frame rate.

GeForce 7900GT (256mb)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X