Problem with US update 1.08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with US update 1.08

I bought the US Atari version of ARMA Combat Operations about a week ago. I played through the single player campaign with minimal problems, and created a mission for myself. Once I felt I was a pretty skilled soldier, I decided it was time to join the online mayhem. I went to the official ARMA site and downloaded the first US 1.08 patch on their list. I tried to unzip/unpack it... Nothing. All it gave me was (winrar) a very long error message near the end of the extraction and (the default zipped folder program for windows) a message at the begining of the extraction that said
    "Unexpected end of the file"

I went on to try every patch on their list, and the same thing happened every time. Is it my computer being an (for lack of a better word) idiot, or are the updates really corrupt. If the first, then what can I do about it? Re-install WinRAR? If the seconnd, then where can I get US update 1.08 that is not corrupt?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Await the moment for one, and only one, well aimed shot.

Re: Problem with US update 1.08

You might be having trouble with your browser. Try a different one.

You might be having trouble with your RAR application. Try a different one.

If the above two don't work, send me an email through the link in my profile, and I'll reply with the file I used as an attachment.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Thank you.
      I'm guessing it must be the browser then, since I used two different unpacking/unzipping applications. I'll download firefox and give it a shot.

Comment

Hmm, I forgot that it was a 680MB download. I can't email an attachment that size. Have you tried using different mirrors? It's a zipped file, so try using a program that's not WinRAR (I have a personal distaste for it to boot). Windows can do it, and so can 7-zip, which were both able to unzip my copy just fine.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah, I tried the included Windows program first- WinRAR was my second resort; I downloaded it after Windows couldn't do it. I now share the distaste for WinRAR, as it does not like being removed from my computer :(
          I think I'll try this 7 zip.

However, I'm now fairly confident, with two unzipping programs failing me, that it is the browser. I'll try Firefox again (maybe a few times) and then see if I.E. 7 can do the job. That is, if I can download that- I think I can get it for free on Yahoo.

Well, be assured, if I ever get this working, you have another soldier for your ARMA ranks- From what I've heard, the singleplayer sucks compared to the multiplayer, and I loved the campaign- Especially the sniper mission at the hotel :)

I'll tell you if I get it working.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X