Vista and Arma will it run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista and Arma will it run?

I am upgrading my PC and we might buy Vista. will Vista be able to support Arma and all my old XP games? Is it worth buying Vista? i will have the proper hardware to support vista and Arma but i don't know if Vista will allow it to run. please help.

Or should i just buy the 64-bit XP professional?

I notice that many of you have the top of the range PC system and i wonder what OS system you use? because XP will soon not be supported by Microsoft.

Re: Vista and Arma will it run?

I would not buy either. I would go for 32bit XP if you are going to be running games today. That is the only sure way to stay away from the multitude of problems around Vista and XP64. Arma has a lot of known problems on Vista. You can read about them over at the BIS official forum.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Thanks for replying... i hope that BIS gets a patch so that Vista is officially supported by ArmA

Comment

Actually,

I have 64bit vista running beautifully with ARMA. Vista has a great feature called winxp compatiblity mode that will get most if not all xp 32bit apps working including ARMA. I think it's folly for a person to be so scared of upgrading an os. The problem with vista is not the os itself but the older hardware. Make sure your PC has equipment that is supported the the vista hardware compatiblity list which you can find on microsoft.com. Any problem i have had with vista has a tweak and or fix for it. You just have to be a good detective.

Most new games coming will have dx10 support which is only supported by vista. If your a gamer then upgrade, you'll have to soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ocosme View Post
          The problem with vista is not the OS itself but the older hardware
          I am not trying to slag Vista here but it is a fact that there are problems running Vista with Armed Assault. Just do a simple search on problem AND vista, and you will see that several people have operating specific problems. Note that BIS has stated that they do not support Vista as well.
          Last edited by PanzerHans; 07-05-2007, 03:06 AM.
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Armed Assault runs fine on my Vista box, although I have more problems now with the new patch.

Comment

Thanks guys gonna go buy my upgrade stuff this morning... hope it works.. if so maybe i could join the server for a few games...:) no doubt for the first few weeks i will be slaughtered by you fellas here. cheers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X