a little guidance with settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little guidance with settings

Hi guys,I'm sure this gets asked a lot so I apologize if this is beating a dead horse.I'm thinking of reinstalling this very realistic and fun game,but the main reason I un-installed it was because of the horrible frame rate I was getting.

I have a pentium 4, 3.0G
    2G ram
    Nvidia 7950GT
    windows XP pro

I thought I would be able to run it decently but I was very wrong.Any pointers to make this a better experience?

by the way I played it at version 1.06,has this problem been fixed at 1.08?
    Last edited by Gonzo2-22; 07-05-2007, 12:03 AM.

Re: a little guidance with settings

turn off shadows... it'll almost double your framerate

Comment

No offense, but I think the main problem in regards to performance is in the player's mindset. I've rarely heard anyone on the server playing with OVER 30 FPS (UnDeaD, maybe, but even he drops when using scoped weapons at trees, etc.) especially in the cities themselves. I get around 25-30 frames in cities, and as low as 15-20 when looking through the binocs at vegetation. This is not a game that demands a monster frame rate. If you enjoy the mechanics and logistics of the game itself, the frame rate shouldn't be that big a problem. Just my opinion.

BTW, your machine is better than mine. Wouldn't have written this if it wasn't.

Comment

Oh no I do understand the pace of this game,very deliberate planning and execution of the plan.The thing is when things go south or when the firefight gets heavy frame rate for me drops and trying to do small things like break contact becomes a chore.The game is fine when things are quiet but when the sh&*t hits the fan it drops.

Comment

Performance is better in 1.08. What settings are you using? I run everything on high and get better fps than with things on low. That is the general report from everyone. Turn off post processing and turn off shadows and you'll get some extra frames.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Turn off render frames ahead, turn off VSYNC. Helps quite a bit.

Comment

I average about .5 fps during MP missions and still find the game very enjoyable. My only gripe is that I can't snipe as well as I'd like to because any time I scope a city or a tree line I'm pretty sure that I'm actually running in negative fps. So I just don't snipe.
              | | |

Comment

Thanks guys,I just upgraded versions and i can see the change.By the way are their any well made soundpacks in circulation?the default ones always sounded artificial almost exactly like OFP.

Comment

Here's a link to the mods most used on our servers. Note: choose just one of the sound mods.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...side-mods.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X