Long Time To Load In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time To Load In

If you are having problems joining a server this can help with your Waiting/Joining/Loading times.

You will need to empty the content of your temp map holding folder.
    Cut and paste to another folder somewhere if you want to keep the files

For WinXP

This is located C:\Documents and Settings\Yourloginname\Local settings\Application Data\ArmA

For Vista

This is located C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\ArmA

Hope that helps

If you cannot see these folders you need to change your settings

First off go to Control panel, then double click folder options if you cannot see this switch to classic view.

now this brings up a box called folder options, at the top are some tabs you need to click on the one called View.

Now there are some other worth while options in here we will do as well

Now move down the list until you see

"Display the contents of system folders"
    Tick this box

Then scroll down to

"Hidden files and folders"
    Options are:
    Do not show hidden files and folders
    or
    Show hidden files or folders

We will select Show hidden files and folders "left mouse click"

Then press apply and voila all sorted.

But right below this one is Hide extentions for known file types If you unselect this one you get to see all the file types by name known or unknown come in handy if you make files or rename them.

Thanks to my good friend Gunz
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Long Time To Load In

+Rep... Worked perfectly! :icon14:
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
      +Rep... Worked perfectly! :icon14:
      ditto... thanks barnaby
      Dizlor

Comment

I noticed Dyslecxi (sp) had trouble loading last night and blamed on a missing "breath better" file. I get that error too and I have long load times (usually when the server is close to full). Could this be a factor and how many others get this message?
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I too have had the "breath better" message, but I figured it may have been down to one of the mods I run/was running... At the moment I'm getting a different message when I join in, I cant remember what it says exactly right now, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with chammy's sound mod that I've just put on.
          It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
          - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I'm getting the breathe error too - last night I had to kill the ArmA process 4 or 5 times and finally got in - I get to last loading screen with black bar on the bottom, gets halfway across, and just stops. I seem to have more issues when server is full (like last night). I remember Sawviper and dyslexcia(sp?) having issues too. Will try the temp files issue, but the breathe error seems separate, and I am not running any mods.

Comment

What about commands to load the Sari map instead when loading? Its the main island used in 90% of the missions out there and I have to switch and load that island every time I load Arma :(

Comment

A gentle bump to remind all that this is a handy thing to do regularly as it definately speeds up the in-load.

If you are having problems joining a server this can help with your Waiting/Joining/Loading times.

You will need to empty the content of your temp map holding folder.
                Cut and paste to another folder somewhere if you want to keep the files

For WinXP

This is located C:\Documents and Settings\Yourloginname\Local settings\Application Data\ArmA

For Vista

This is located C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\ArmA

Hope that helps

NB further details are shown in the opening post. :icon14:
                "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I wonder why this works? I mean your system has Cached the PBO missions in here... you would think that would be a benefit? Maybe it takes time to look through all of them, and compare an OLD Cache to a New Map version?
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...