Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange happenings in EVO land

Hello Gentlemen.

Last night I took part in the main battle in Squad one led by Shadik under the overall control & direction of Loyal.

I must say the set up etc was great we had squads for ground troop, armour & an air ellement too.

My problem was I was very sluggish even though my ping seemed as normal.
    Also when I killed the enemy I got a - neg score ??? why. I just couldn't stay alive for love nor money last night.
    I thought you only got a - neg score on TK's
    Anyone help here, can I alter anything to improve things I tried changing down to 800 x 600 but that didn't seem to help either.
    I know there was a lot on but this hasn't happened before, it was most odd.

I'll defrag and clean tonight just incase it helps.

Also .................
    I heard people saying they were taking for ever to load in, the following link is a fix for this.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...time-load.html
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Strange happenings in EVO land

Yes there were some serious desync issues yesterday. I saw some people (with normal pings) rubberbanding like hell. I'm not sure what's causing this but it's definitely annoying.
    I have no idea why you got a negative score for killing enemies, though, neither do I know what's causing these issues.

Comment

I concur. The other time this happened to me was on an equally heavy load night (20+ players). In these situations I would walk up to vehicles and couldn't enter.

That's a desync problem that the server isn't sending to your player in a reasonable time (eg. the vehicle can be entererd). As a result the icon doesn't show quickly enough and the player moves, resetting/rerequesting the call from the server.

To prove the desync theory, I would wait several minutes by the truck door (on a vehicle I know was operational). Eventually the icon appeared.

Nonetheless, last night, the issue seemed to be localized to loading/startup time (eg. 10 mins to join the server).

I agree. Strange.
      sigpic
      I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Related thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tml#post746815
        sigpic
        I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

This is a matter we are aware of. The problem has several reasons.

1. Players open more cities at one time overloading the server with work(this is a very important factor)
          2. The Armed Assault dedicated server instance requires a restart from time to time. I try to do this when nobody is on and yesterday the server had been running for several consecutive days .
          Last edited by PanzerHans; 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM.
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Cheers Gents for the input.
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse