Need some help here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help here

The other day I decided to alter some of my key binds to make it more intuitive for me.
    Now altering my GET OUT & EJECT binds went ok as did my CROUCH & PRONE ones, but I added my TS to my 5th mouse button instead of scroll lock where it had been.
    Now I keep getting the "where are you" message when I push to talk, it is also puting the radio box for commands up in the top right too.

In case it matters I have moved my "command key" default is the space bar to right shift.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on.
    I will return my TS to where it was but my 5th mouse button doesn't have any thing else assigned to it.

Thanks
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Need some help here

One of my biggest complaints about the game is the unnecessarily complex process for modifying the controls.

Something I've found (though it may not apply in your case) is that after you have assigned the key you want to the control you want , if it's already assigned it will display in red. Browse the controls looking for the other assignments and delete them.

For some unknown godly reason they have assigned numerous controls to the same command in some cases.

Long and tedious process to customize. My god , where were their heads when they came up with this abomination.

May help though you probably are already were aware of this .

Think I'll be ready to play in about a week at my current rate of progress.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I find it a lot easier and faster to just learn the defaults. I think I've only modified 1 or 2 key settings and have gotten by just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
        The other day I decided to alter some of my key binds to make it more intuitive for me.
        Now altering my GET OUT & EJECT binds went ok as did my CROUCH & PRONE ones, but I added my TS to my 5th mouse button instead of scroll lock where it had been.
        Now I keep getting the "where are you" message when I push to talk, it is also puting the radio box for commands up in the top right too.

In case it matters I have moved my "command key" default is the space bar to right shift.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on.
        I will return my TS to where it was but my 5th mouse button doesn't have any thing else assigned to it.

Thanks
        On Sunday Silas had the exact same problem, although I don't think he found a solution...instead our channel was spammed with "Where are you" for 20 minutes. You might want to shoot a PM off to him and see.

I bind my mouse button using the mouse software to a key (currently caps-lock), and then use that key in TS without any problems.

Comment

It's definately more complicated than most games, but I find its actually very straight forward to remap the controls. Each key has a single press and double press, you can use ctrl and alt as a shift function and the right mouse can be assigned as click or hold. This translates to being able to huge customization.
          "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Cheers thanks Gents.
            I think my answer is in there somewhere.

I had spotted that some assignments were red and had worked out that they were mutliple functions. Most of them seem to be from my Joystick and don't seem to cause any issues with my game play but I'll check them all out..

I think I'll revert my push to talk key back to where it was and see what happens.

Thanks again all
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse